Connecticut online casinos and online sportsbooks officially launched on October 19, 2021, after a 7-day soft launch. Retail sports betting is also available at Foxwoods Resort (DraftKings) and Mohegan Sun (FanDuel).
Connecticut online gambling includes three options:
- Mohegan Sun Casino & FanDuel Sportsbook
- DraftKings Casino & Sportsbook
- SugarHouse Sportsbook
Best Connecticut Online Casino Bonuses January 2022
- Mohegan Sun Online Bonus Code: Best for up to $1,000 risk-free day
- DraftKings Casino Bonus Code: Best for a 100% match up to $2,000 (10x playthrough)
Connecticut Online Casino Apps Overview
- Bonus Code: $1,000 risk-free day promotion with this link
- Available Platforms: iOS app, Android app, Web browser
- Key Features: Wide range of games that new players can try risk-free; Tons of additional promotions; Momentum loyalty program
Mohegan Sun announced a partnership with FanDuel in July. The two brands now have three apps available in Connecticut: Mohegan Sun Online Casino, FanDuel Sportsbook, and FanDuel DFS. A Mohegan Sun Connecticut account shares a login and a wallet with the FanDuel apps, so you’ll have access to online sports betting and DFS as well.
The Mohegan Sun Casino app features high-quality gaming at the level of FanDuel Casino in states like Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia. You can also find several online casino games in the FanDuel Sportsbook & Casino app, which is available to Connecticut bettors with iOS or Android devices.
The Mohegan Sun Online bonus code is automatically applied using the link above. New players can bet risk-free for the first 24 hours up to $1,000 back. Note that net losses are refunded as betting credits, which have a 1x playthrough requirement. Additional terms and conditions apply.
FanDuel Sportsbook also offers a Connecticut sports betting welcome bonus, where new bettors can claim a risk-free bet up to $1,000. That means that new players with FanDuel Connecticut can register, deposit, and claim up to $2,000 in bonus offers.
DraftKings Casino Connecticut
- Casino Welcome Promo: 100% match up to $2,000
- Available Platforms: iOS app, Android app, web browser
- Key Features: Exclusive games; Unique promos; Multiple welcome bonuses
Claim the DraftKings Casino Connecticut welcome bonus
DraftKings is the online casino and sports betting partner of Foxwoods Resort Casino, which is owned by the Mashantucket Pequot Tribe. Most people are familiar with the DraftKings name, and the DraftKings Casino is making tremendous strides in West Virginia, New Jersey, Michigan, and Pennsylvania for its exclusive games, unique promos, and large win potential.
DraftKings Casino offers a wide selection of slots and table games, including sports-themed exclusives you can only find at DK. Plus, the DraftKings welcome bonus is a 100% deposit match up to $2,000, which is sizable. Just be aware of the 10x playthrough requirements and other terms and conditions.
Connecticut Online Casino Bonuses
Connecticut online casinos launched with over 100 approved games. The CT Lottery will approve additional games on an ongoing basis, so players can always expect something new around the corner. But right off the bat, you’ll have a wide range of bonuses at your disposal. Here are some of the most common:
A risk-free betting day invites players to try the games risk-free up to a maximum amount. With our Mohegan Sun Online bonus code, you can play the games risk-free for the first 24 hours up to $1,000. Click here to claim.
But that’s not the only example of a risk-free offer at Mohegan Sun Online in Connecticut. You’ll also find risk-free betting on select games for certain days of the week. Examples include risk-free blackjack up to $50, or risk-free progressive slots up to $25 back.
Be aware that risk-free means you’re refunded in betting credits, not in withdraw-able cash. Players need to bet with that refunded money one time to turn it into funds for cashout.
Overall, a risk-free casino bonus is among the best online casino offers. But it’s not the only one.
Online casinos often match deposits by a certain percentage up to a maximum amount. DraftKings Casino in Connecticut offers a 100% deposit match up to $2,000 with 10x playthrough requirements. That means you need to bet the deposit and bonus ten times before you can withdraw. Additional terms and conditions apply. But this is a worthwhile bonus for more long-term DraftKings Casino players.
No matter the online casino, it’s always important to read the terms and conditions before opting in. Make sure the games you like to play qualify for the offer, check the playthrough requirements, check the time limitations, and opt-in only when you know all the ins and outs.
Keep in mind that it’s completely valid to join an online casino without a welcome bonus. As long as you’re practicing Responsible Gaming, it’s also equally valid to take advantage of both the Mohegan Sun welcome bonus and the DraftKings CT casino bonus.
Game Of The Week
The Game of the Week promotion is among the most common ongoing bonuses at online casinos. It may be a certain type of game (like slots or table games) or a specific game, like Divine Fortune. But the idea is that players get some sort of benefit from playing the select titles. For example, you may get $10 in bonus credits for betting $50 on the Game of the Week.
At Mohegan Sun, the Games of the Week are usually popular titles rotated every Monday. At DraftKings, the select games are usually new titles, such as the exclusive DraftKings Rocket Launch.
Refer A Friend
If your friends also like to bet online, make sure to take advantage of the refer-a-friend offers at Mohegan Sun and DraftKings. The sports betting apps like FanDuel and SugarHouse also have this promotion. It’s simple: a friend uses your referral link or code, and you both get bonus money when they make a deposit and bet. If you were both going to join anyway, this is a no-brainer move.
Prize Pool Tournaments
Leaderboard tournaments offer an opportunity to win additional money for playing games you already enjoy. These tournaments usually take place within a one-week or one-month window, and the players with the most points share the $10,000+ prize pool.
The top players receive the biggest prizes, which may include luxury vehicles or vacation packages as well.
The points structure varies depending on the tournament but typically speaking, you earn points for every bet you place or for every win you achieve.
The best online casinos offer rewards points for placing real-money bets on their games. And both Mohegan Sun and DraftKings award loyalty points. It’s likely that your existing Momentum loyalty card can be connected to your Mohegan Sun online account, giving you points for both online and in-person play. DraftKings also gives players “Crowns” for placing bets, and those can be converted to comp points and other benefits.
Types Of Casino Games In Connecticut
The two Connecticut online casinos offer a big selection of games to appeal to as many types of players as possible. You might like placing $1 bets on blackjack or roulette. You may wager $100 a spin on like a live slots player. Or you fall somewhere in the middle. No matter how you like to win money, Mohegan Sun Online Casino and DraftKings Casino do not disappoint. Connecticut players will find:
- Video Poker
- Casino Poker
- Specialty games, like Keno and DK Rocket Launch
The biggest variety is slots. If you like placing small bets for huge wins, you’ll have over a hundred options at your fingertips. If you prefer the table games, you can find several variations, and each one features its own set of odds. But everything is fair and all results are randomized, as per Connecticut Lottery regulations.
Live Dealers At Connecticut Online Casinos?
We expect both online casinos from Mohegan Sun and DraftKings to offer live dealer casino games. But it could be a bit. In Michigan, regulators took several months before approving live dealer games in the state.
Foxwoods Resort Casino, the partner of DraftKings Casino, already has a live dealer studio. It rented its space out to a company based in Malta to advertise its property to international customers. That means the live dealer studio at Foxwoods is up and running, so it won’t be long before it’s available at DraftKings Casino.
We expect Mohegan Sun Online Casino to follow quickly with its own live dealer games at the Mohegan Sun retail location, as FanDuel offers live casino games in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Michigan. Time will tell, but this is an option that’s around the corner.
Connecticut Online Gambling Updates
This is the landscape for online gambling in Connecticut:
- Two online casinos: Mohegan Tribe has a partnership with FanDuel but uses its Mohegan Sun name for its online casino offerings. DraftKings partnered with the Mashantucket Pequot Tribe, which operates the Foxwoods Casino, to launch DraftKings Casino.
- Three online sportsbooks: Sports bettors have access to FanDuel Sportsbook and FanDuel DFS as well as DraftKings Sportsbook and DraftKings DFS. Rush Street Interactive partnered with the Connecticut Lottery to launch the SugarHouse Sportsbook app.
- Up To 17 Retail sportsbooks: Both DraftKings and FanDuel operate retail sportsbooks in Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun, respectively. In addition, the Connecticut Lottery will continue to open as many as 15 retail sportsbooks across the state.
How Connecticut Legalized Online Casinos And Sportsbooks
On May 20, 2021, the Connecticut House passed HB 6451, “An Act Concerning Gaming Agreements With The Mashantucket Pequot Tribe And The Mohegan Tribe Of Indians Of Connecticut.”
The bill went into effect on July 1, 2021, and on July 27, Gov. Ned LaMont submitted amended state-tribal gaming compacts to the Bureau of Indian Affairs. The final step in the regulatory process before online gambling could launch in Connecticut was the BIA approving those gaming compacts. It did so on Sept. 9, 2021.
Then, the Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection (DCP) finalized the licensing process and approved a soft launch for Tuesday, October 12, 2021. Betting apps could then fully launch in Connecticut on the following Tuesday, October 19, 2021.
Requirements For Betting Online In Connecticut
Most people who live in or visit Connecticut will be able to play at the online casinos. The only requirements are as follows:
- iOS device, Android device, or working computer
- Reliable internet connection
- Physically located within Connecticut state lines
- At least 21 years old
You do not need to be a resident of Connecticut to play at the online casinos or bet on sports.
Banking Options At Connecticut Online Casinos
Here are the best banking options for Connecticut online casinos:
- PayPal: You can deposit and withdraw using the famed e-wallet at many online casinos in the US, which makes it easy to track your online casino expenses as well.
- Skrill: Another e-wallet and PayPal competitor that’s highly popular among international online casino players.
- Online Bank Transfer: Simply use your banking website’s login to transfer money to and from the online casino directly to your checking account.
- ACH/Echeck: The digital version of a written check, so it’s a bit less convenient than online bank transfer but still a totally valid banking method.
- PayNearMe: A deposit-only method with integrated Apple Pay and Google Pay that also allows cash deposits at participating retailers, such as 7Eleven and CVS.
- Prepaid Plus Card: Casino-branded Prepaid Plus cards allow players to keep a designated e-wallet for casino finances while also using the card for everyday transactions.
- Cash At Casino Cage: You can deposit and withdraw in cash by visiting the partnering retail casino’s cashier.
- Debit Card: A deposit-only method that doesn’t usually have fees but gets rejected at online casinos with a frequency comparable to a credit card.
As mentioned in our article about the best deposit methods for online casinos, you should never use a credit card to deposit. Not only do the transactions often get rejected, but they’re also considered a cash advance, which means fees and high interest rates.
Connecticut Retail Casino Locations
Both brick-and-mortar casinos in Connecticut offer thousands of slot machines and table games alongside top-tier accommodations. Here’s a snapshot:
|Foxwoods Resort Casino||Mashantucket||Live entertainment; several restaurants; Lake of Isles golf course; chair life; Norwich Spa|
|Mohegan Sun||Uncasville||“Casino of the Sky;” Live shows at Mohegan Sun Arena; Dozens of restaurants; Mohegan Sun Golf Club; Luxury spas|
Other Online Gambling Options In Connecticut
- Connecticut Online Sports Betting: The three Connecticut online sportsbooks launched at the same time as the two online casinos. FanDuel Sportsbook, DraftKings Sportsbook, and SugarHouse Sportsbook are the three options, and all offer competitive odds and enticing promotions, including odds boosters on the top events.
- Connecticut Online Lottery: The Connecticut online lottery will launch alongside online sportsbooks and casinos. A few other states offer this option as well, such as Illinois and Virginia. The Connecticut Lottery website offers Mega Millions, Powerball, and other games.
- Sweepstakes Poker In Connecticut: Global Poker offers competitive multiplayer online poker. But the site offers “Sweeps Coins” that can be exchanged for cash prizes. This makes it comparable to the likes of PokerStars and WSOP.com in terms of win potential and competition, and you can play and win for free just by creating an account. However, you also have the option to buy additional Sweeps Coins if you run out.
Responsible Gaming In Connecticut
Online casinos in Connecticut have a wide variety of Responsible Gaming tools to help prevent problem gambling. These include deposit limits, restricting the site upon request, and offering assistance to those who need it.
However, at the end of the day, Responsible Gaming comes down to the player. You’ll need to set strict rules for yourself to avoid betting more than you can afford. Gambling can be addictive, and the risk for problem gambling is exponentially higher when betting sites are more available.
Here are some simple strategies to guarantee success at an online casino:
- Set a time limit. Stop when it goes off. Take several days off before returning to the online casino.
- Set a budget. Never go over it. The second you try to make back winnings, you’ve crossed the line into problem gambling.
- Don’t bet while drunk, bored, or upset.
- Keep careful track of all gambling expenses throughout the year.
The player is always at a disadvantage when playing against the casino. That means the only foolproof strategy is to treat it like an entertainment outlet rather than a way to make money. Think of it like admission to a concert venue, and you’ll have your expectations set on having fun – which is right where they should be.
Learn More About Connecticut Online Gambling
- Connecticut Lottery Official Web Site
- “Gambling in Connecticut” Wikipedia Page
- HB 6451 (the Act that legalized online gambling in Connecticut)
- Mohegan Tribe Official Website
- Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Council Official Website
Connecticut Online Casinos FAQs
Yes, online casinos in Connecticut had a soft launch on October 12 and will launch at full capacity on Tuesday, October 19, 2021. The CT Lottery approved over 100 games prior to launch, giving Connecticut online casino players plenty of options at Mohegan Sun Online and DraftKing Casino.
October 12 is the soft launch, which means restricted access (750 bettors per platform at a time and limited hours). October 19 is the hard launch, and an unlimited number of bettors can join the apps 24/7.
21. The age requirement for online gambling in Connecticut is 21 years and older. The gambling age in Connecticut is 21 for in-person betting as well. However, bettors 18 and up can play the lottery, daily fantasy sports (DFS), sweepstakes poker, and bet on horses.
No, but it will have an online sportsbook. The CT Lottery partnered with Rush Street Interactive for sports betting, but it cannot offer online casino games due to the regulations. Download the SugarHouse CT app for a sports betting-only platform, which includes a 100% deposit match up to $250 with just 1x playthrough requirements.
The Gaming Division of the Department of Consumer Protection will be in charge of regulating online gambling in Connecticut. Mohegan Sun launched a FanDuel retail sportsbook, and FanDuel operates its online casino and sportsbook. Foxwoods Resort Casino launched a DraftKings retail sportsbook, and DraftKings operates its online casino and mobile sports betting. The Connecticut Lottery partnered with SugarHouse for an online sportsbook and launch up to 15 retail sportsbook locations.
Yes, DraftKings Sportsbook & Casino is legal in Connecticut. It had a soft launch on October 12 and a full launch on October 19, 2021.
Yes, net casino winnings for the year are taxed in Connecticut. The tax rate will be 18% for all online gambling and will increase to 20% after five years. There will be a 13.75% tax rate on all retail sports betting.