Online sports betting is set to launch in Kentucky on Sept. 28, 2023, and the all-new ESPN Bet Sportsbook is likely to go live shortly thereafter. Furthermore, we expect that all new players at ESPN Bet will be welcomed with up to $1,000 in first-bet insurance. There is no ESPN Bet Kentucky promo code required to claim this bonus.
In August 2023, ESPN and Penn Entertainment announced their new partnership along with plans to rebrand Penn’s existing Barstool Sportsbook as a new and improved sportsbook called ESPN BET. The companies have not given an exact date for the sportsbook’s launch but are anticipating it will be live this fall—likely in October or November.
This new development is the latest attempt by a gambling company and media brand to co-create an online sports betting product. While many of these ventures have failed in the past, ESPN and Penn’s uniquely strong positions in the marketplace should allow them to leverage their reach and reputation into a successful collaboration.
ESPN Bet Kentucky Promo Code - September 2023
When you open a new ESPN BET account in Kentucky, you’ll receive a welcome bonus worth up to $1,000. The bonus works as follows: if your first wager at the sportsbook settles as a loss, you will be refunded in bonus bets equal to your stake, up to a maximum reimbursement of $1,000. You do not need a special promo code to claim your $1,000 welcome bonus.
|ESPN Bet Promo Code Kentucky||Coming Soon!|
|Welcome Bonus||Up to $1,000 back if your first bet loses|
|Payout Speed||1-2 days|
|Best Payment Method||- PayPal
- Online banking
|Expected Launch Date||Fall 2023|
|Date Verified||September 2023|
When is ESPN BET Launching in Kentucky?
Online sportsbooks are set to launch in Kentucky on Sept. 28, 2023, but it’s unlikely that ESPN Bet will be in the first group to go live. The operator is anticipating an October or November launch for its rebranded sportsbook.
What’s more, ESPN and Penn Entertainment must be licensed by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission before ESPN Bet can go online in the Bluegrass State. The companies have not announced any specific plans to acquire a Kentucky operating license, but we expect they will apply for one sometime near the end of 2023 or early 2024. Acquiring the license should not be a problem; Penn and ESPN are both reputable companies with a proven platform that operates in 16+ other US states.
This review will be updated upon ESPN Bet’s launch in the state of Kentucky.
Best Sporting Events for Betting at ESPN BET, Aug. 29 – Sept. 4
ESPN Bet Sportsbook is hoping to launch by the end of 2023 in Kentucky. Here’s a look at some of the sports you could bet on if ESPN Bet were live in Kentucky this week.
- Major League Baseball: The 2023 MLB season has not disappointed this year, providing plenty of excitement and storylines. The intensity will only increase as we head into the final month of the regular season. As the stakes get higher, so does the thrill of betting on the do-or-die action. You can both pregame and live wager on every MLB game at ESPN Bet, as well as place long-term future bets on which teams will make the postseason or win the World Series.
- College football: NCAA Division 1 football is finally making its long-awaited return this week. Week 1 will feature a full slate of games running from Thursday to Monday with 85+ contests scheduled across the country. Even though it’s only Week 1, there are already some big-time matchups to look forward to, including Florida Utah, LSU vs. Florida State, and North Carolina vs. South Carolina.
- US Open (tennis): It’s been a while since a US Open was this hotly anticipated. All eyes are on Novak Djokovic and Carlos Alcaraz as they each look to run the table and advance to the Grand Slam finals for what would be the rubber match of their budding rivalry. The two stars previously entertained us with thrilling championship battles at Wimbledon. Meanwhile, on the women’s side, American favorite Coco Gauff will look to bounce back in a big way after her disappointing first-round exit at Wimbledon.
- FIBA Basketball World Cup: The 2023 FIBA Basketball World Cup is well underway. Thirty-two countries from around the world are competing for the coveted Naismith Trophy. Team USA is the heavy favorite to win the title and is looking to leave its mark on this year’s tournament after getting knocked out in the quarterfinals four years ago. The US has already advanced to the second round of the tournament and will face Montenegro and Lithuania on Friday and Sunday, respectively, with hopes of moving on to the quarterfinals once again.
What We Like About ESPN Bet Kentucky
- Unique ESPN Exclusives
- theScore Media technology integrated into the app
- Innovative Parlay+ betting option
- Healthy dose of daily promos and odds boosts
One-of-a-kind ESPN Exclusive Betting Options
Similar to the offerings at the previous Barstool Sportsbook, ESPN Bet is set to offer “ESPN Exclusives.” These unique parlays are created by your favorite ESPN personalities and offer fans the opportunity to back them with boosted odds. For example, you could bet on parlays personally curated by media stars like Pat McAfee, Adam Schefter, or Kirk Herbstreit.
Innovative Parlay+ Bets
The ESPN Sportsbook offers its new Parlay+ bet type to all players. Parlay+ is like same-game parlays but takes the concept to a whole new level. With Parlay+, you can combine multiple same-game parlays into a single wager, or even add single straight bets to your Parlay+ to boost the odds and maximize your potential winnings.
Plenty of Daily Odds Boosts
Along with the boosted odds on ESPN Exclusives, you can find tons of other odds boosts every day at the ESPN betting app. The boosts encompass a wide variety of sports and are available on both daily betting options and long-term future bets. For example, you could find boosted preseason odds on your favorite NFL team’s win total for the upcoming season.
ESPN Bet Kentucky Sports Betting App
The ESPN name alone should draw plenty of users to the new ESPN Bet Sportsbook in every state in which it operates. The features and betting options should satisfy fans of all different sports, regardless of their level of betting experience.
The platform is robust and carries everything the average bettor could want. The operator offers an extensive betting menu with options to bet on both major American sports and less popular international leagues. There are plenty of different ways to place bets, including traditional wagers like moneylines and totals, as well as modern bet types like same-game parlays and live betting. The $1,000 welcome bonus is also one of the most lucrative offers in the industry.
Key Features of ESPN Bet Kentucky Sportsbook
- Types of bets offered: Moneylines, spreads, totals, props, futures, live bets, alternates, Parlay+
- Rewards program: The PENN Play loyalty program is integrated into the app
- Sample sports leagues covered: NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, NCAA, PGA, EPL, and many more
- Mobile apps: iOS and Android (plus web browser version)
- Deposit methods: Credit card, debit card, PayPal, ACH/eCheck, wire transfer, Play+ card, PayNearMe, cash at casino
- Minimum deposit: $10
- Betting limits: Varies by account, league, and bet type. Major sports limits generally range from $100 to $1,000. Maximum payouts also vary by sport. Deposit limits are set by the VIP Preferred program and are based on a variety of factors.
- License information: ESPN Bet must be fully licensed by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission before it can be active in Kentucky.
Other Products Available with your ESPN Bet Account:
- ESPN Fantasy Sports
- Hollywood Casino retail betting (in active states only)
- ESPN+ (additional purchase may be required)
Deposits and Cashouts at ESPN Bet Kentucky
There are a plethora of banking options available at ESPN Bet in Kentucky. Processing times vary by method.
How Can I Deposit at ESPN Bet Kentucky?
|Deposit Method||Minimum Deposit||How long for the funds to appear in my account?|
|Visa Debit/Credit Card||$10||Generally instant|
|Mastercard Debit/Credit Card||$10||Generally instant|
|Discover Debit/Credit Card||$10||Generally instant|
|Wire Transfer||$10||1-3 Banking days|
|Play+ Card||$10||Generally instant|
|Cash at Casino||$10||Generally instant|
The ESPN Bet Play+ card lets you instantly deposit funds into your ESPN Bet account anytime with your bank account, debit card, or PayPal. That card is issued from the Play+ website through the operator.
PayPal deposits are one of the most reliable ways to fund your account. While it does require a PayPal account and some additional steps, these deposits are very rarely declined, and the funds generally hit your account wallet instantly.
Credit and debit card deposits are sometimes declined by the issuing bank depending on your personal credit status. Cash deposits can also be made directly at licensed casino partners in applicable states.
My Credit Card Was Declined. What Should I Do?
It is fairly common for credit cards to be declined by the issuing bank at sportsbooks, even in legal states for licensed books. If your card is rejected, you may deposit funds using one of the other banking options supported by ESPN Bet, including:
- Play+ card
How Can I Cash Out at ESPN Bet Kentucky?
|Withdrawal Method||Minimum Withdrawal||How long for funds to appear in my account?|
|Online Banking||$10||3-5 banking days|
|PayPal||$10||1-2 banking days|
|Play+ Card||$10||1-2 banking days|
|Check by Mail||$10||5-14 banking days|
|Cash at Casino||$10||Generally instant|
Ways to Bet at ESPN Bet Kentucky
- ESPN Bet Kentucky iOS App: The iOS version of the ESPN betting app is available as a free download from the Apple Store and works on both the iPhone and iPad.
- ESPN Bet Kentucky Android App: You can download the ESPN Bet app for Android devices from the Google Play Store or through a link on the ESPN Bet website.
- Desktop and Mobile Browser: You can also wager at ESPN Bet on the web browser version of the platform, which works on just about any major desktop or mobile web browser.
What We Like About ESPN Bet Kentucky
theScore Technology Integrated into the App
In October 2021, Penn Entertainment completed its acquisition of theScore, one of the most popular sports media platforms in North America. TheScore’s cutting-edge technology is now integrated directly into the ESPN Bet app.
TheScore’s software allows the ESPN Bet app to receive live updates faster, creating a seamless live betting experience for customers. Additionally, Penn has implemented theScore’s user interface into the app, making for an intuitive and visually appealing betting app.
Overall, the combination of ESPN’s brand recognition, Penn’s operation prowess, and theScore’s technology makes for an unparalleled user experience at ESPN Bet.
Tons of Ways to Deposit and Withdraw Funds
It’s always frustrating when your favorite sportsbook doesn’t support a payment method that works for you. Fortunately, ESPN Bet supports myriad banking options that should satisfy almost every sports bettor out there. Deposits and withdrawals are also always free and deposit relatively quickly compared to many other sportsbooks.
PayPal, credit card, debit card, ACH/eCheck, and the Play+ Card are some of the quickest and most convenient ways to deposit funds into your account. Aside from credit/debit cards, these methods may also be used for cashing out your winnings.
Is ESPN Bet Sportsbook Kentucky Right For You?
ESPN Bet is a brand new sports betting platform, and only time will tell whether it’ll become a long-term contender in the saturated online sports betting market. Based on the initial details and features, we expect ESPN Bet to be a great betting option for players across the Bluegrass State. There’s already lots to love, including the ESPN Exclusives, Parlay+ capabilities, and frequent boosts, and we expect the platform will only improve as it grows across the country.
ESPN Sportsbook Kentucky FAQ
There is no promo code required to claim ESPN Bet’s $1,000 welcome bonus. When you sign up, you’ll automatically get $1,000 insurance on your first wager at the sportsbook.
Not yet. Online sports betting is set to go live in Kentucky on Sept. 28, 2023, but ESPN Bet likely won’t be live in the Bluegrass State until later in 2023 or early 2024.
No, the operator does not yet have a KY betting license but will likely acquire one before it launches.
You must be at least 21 years old to have an account and place any wagers at ESPN Bet in Kentucky. The operator will confirm your age and eligibility upon registration.
When ESPN Bet launches in Kentucky, you must be physically present in the state to place bets. You can also wager at ESPN Bet in any of the following states: Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, West Virginia, and Virginia.
There are a bunch of ways to withdraw your winnings at ESPN Bet, including PayPal, ACH/eCheck, Play+ Card, check via mail, and casino cage withdrawal. Processing times vary by method.
Absolutely. ESPN Bet offers live wagering on a ton of different sports, including football, baseball, and basketball. There are also many different types of live bets you can place, including moneylines, totals, player props, game props, and more.
ACH/eCheck and credit/debit cards are some of the most convenient options for depositing money into your ESPN Bet account, but these methods may be declined by the issuing bank. PayPal is also a great deposit method that is rarely declined.
There is a huge assortment of sports (15+) available to wager on at ESPN Bet, including both American and international leagues. You can also bet on some collegiate leagues, select esports competitions, and even events like the Oscars and the Grammys.
ESPN Bet has not yet launched in the state of Kentucky, but it should arrive in the fall of 2023 or early 2024.