Major League Baseball will begin regular-season play on April 7. That provides bettors ample time to find the best World Series betting odds and place futures wagers. While it may not be a strict rule, bettors can often get the best value by betting early on pretty much any team. But betting on an under-the-radar team during Spring Training will yield more profit than betting on that team post-breakout, assuming they have a strong season.
For example, the FanDuel Sportsbook futures odds on the Seattle Mariners during spring training is +4000. A bettor who wagers $100 on them to win the World Series stands to win $4,000 if the Mariners win the Fall Classic. Of course, if the bettor waits until August, after the Mariners’ odds are shorter, the profit would be much less.
See the current MLB World Series betting odds at the top sportsbooks.
Types Of World Series Betting Odds Available Now
Bettors and baseball fans aren’t limited to one or two betting options. Futures bets—betting on a team to win its division, league, or the World Series—are certainly popular. Of course, those only scratch the surface of what’s available for those who want a little extra skin in the game. Here are some World Series betting odds available now in the team futures market:
- World Series Winner
- League Winner
- Division Winner
- Over/Under Most Regular Season Wins
- Head-to-Head Most Season Wins
- To Make The Playoffs
- Straight Forecasts (exact matchups for division, league, and World Series)
- Best Record
- Longest Winning Streak
Online sportsbooks also offer World Series betting odds on player futures. Here are some of the options:
- Over/Under Home Run Totals
- RBI Totals Hit Totals
- Pitcher Total Wins
- Total Pitcher Strikeouts
- Head-to-Head Player Records
- Home Run Leader
- Strikeout Leader
- RBI Leader
- Hits Leader
- Runs Leader
- Stolen Bases Leader
- Wins Leader
You can also bet on player awards, including regular season MVP, Cy Young Award, and Rookie of the Year.
Sign up with this DraftKings Sportsbook promo code link for a $50 free bet with $5+ deposit, plus a 20% deposit-match bonus up to $1,000.
How To Find The Best World Series Odds
Bettors naturally want to find the best odds provided for the World Series (or any game/wager). This is where successful bettors begin to separate themselves from the pack.
There’s no single sportsbook that delivers the best odds. Instead, it’s recommended that bettors keep multiple sportsbook apps in their rotations. Sure, odds generally end up being very similar across various sportsbooks. However, diligent bettors can find pockets of value that add up over time. Here are the best online sports betting bonus codes available to US bettors.
Best World Series Betting Odds
No matter the sportsbook in question, bettors will see that the Los Angeles Dodgers are the World Series favorite. They’re stocked with quality pitching and a talented lineup of hitters, so it’s no surprise they own the shortest odds to win it all.
However, there are a number of worthwhile challengers to the Dodgers World Series hopes. The Toronto Blue Jays and Chicago White Sox are two American League teams with high expectations. Meanwhile, the New York Mets have eyes on claiming their place in the big city spotlight, whereas the Blue Jays and White Sox feature powerful lineups centered around young, powerful hitters, the Mets will try to pitch their way to prominence. Three-time Cy Young winner Max Scherzer joins two-time Cy Young winner Jacob deGrom to form one of the most formidable 1-2 punches in the game.
Bets With Good Pre-Season Value
A handful of teams are in the middle of the World Series odds table that present enticing value for bettors.
- San Diego Padres (+1800, DraftKings): The Padres have a young, dynamic roster spearheaded by budding superstar Fernando Tatis Jr. and quality starting pitching.
- Boston Red Sox (+2500, FanDuel): The Red Sox are often capable of simply outscoring their opponents with a barrage of offense. On the downside, they reside in arguably the game’s toughest division.
- St. Louis Cardinals (+3500, FanDuel): The Cardinals don’t always have the most star-studded roster, but they don’t beat themselves and always seem to extract the best out of their players.
- Los Angeles Angels (+3500, DraftKings): The Halos need some luck on the injury front—Mike Trout, Noah Syndergaard, etc.—but they have some top-shelf talent on the roster, including Shohei “Shotime” Ohtani.
Best Sportsbooks For Betting On The World Series
It’s worth reinforcing that bettors should get in the habit of shopping around for the best odds. There are a lot of sportsbook apps and plenty of opportunities to find pockets of wagering value. Below are three quality books that can serve as the foundation of bettors’ sportsbook rotations.
- DraftKings Sportsbook – DraftKings made its name as a Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) provider, and has seamlessly transitioned into the legal sports betting market. Bettors can be confident they’ll find a vast array of futures options spanning from World Series winner to longest win streak. Sign up today for a $50 free bet with a $5 deposit.
- BetMGM Sportsbook – Bettors will find a number of World Series betting options at BetMGM, including odds on specific matchups. BetMGM also offers player props to complement its offerings on the Fall Classic. Place your first bet risk-free up to $1,000 with BetMGM bonus code: BONUSCOM50
- FanDuel Sportsbook – Like its principal rival in the DFS industry, FanDuel has successfully ventured into the sports betting industry. World Series and MLB betting options are plentiful on FanDuel, and bettors will love its clean interface. Place your first bet risk-free at FanDuel Sportsbook up to $1,000 back.