The World Cup is quite possibly the most prestigious event on the global sporting calendar. Thirty-two of the world’s best teams are set to compete for soccer immortality. World Cup odds 2022 are available across the industry’s top sportsbooks, and bettors are free to place wagers ahead of the tournament’s November kick-off. World Cup odds ebb and flow, and they’re impacted by a number of factors, both on and off the pitch. Keep tabs on the movement leading up to the beginning of the action. See the live sportsbook odds below, plus the best promo codes from the top US sports betting apps.
Current World Cup Odds 2022
+650 +400 +400 +430 +650 +600 +650 +550 +900 +600 +650 +700 +650 +700 +850 +700 +800 +800 +900 +750 +1100 +1000 +1100 +950 +1400 +1200 +1300 +1300 +1300 +1200 +1700 +1200 +1400 +1400 +1500 +1300 +2800 +2800 +3300 +3200 +5000 +4000 +4000 +4700 +5000 +5000 +5000 +4800 +8000 +8000 +10000 +8000 +10000 +8000 +10000 +9000 +8000 +10000 +7000 +11000 +10000 +10000 +15000 +11000 +10000 +10000 +20000 +11000 +10000 +10000 +20000 +11000 +15000 +15000 +25000 +13000 +25000 +15000 +25000 +14000 +20000 +25000 +20000 +21000 +25000 +25000 +30000 +18000 +20000 +25000 +30000 +18000 +40000 – +35000 +21000 +6600 +25000 +40000 +21000 +30000 +25000 +40000 +21000 +25000 +25000 +40000 +21000 +15000 +25000 +75000 +37000 +10000 +40000 +75000 +37000 +25000 +50000 +75000 +55000 +8000 +50000 +75000 +55000 +10000 +50000 +100000 +55000
Host Qatar play Ecuador in the tournament’s opening match on Nov. 21 in the city of Al Khor. You don’t need to be a soccer fanatic or veteran bettor to recognize the likes of Brazil, France, and England as soccer juggernauts. The talent-laden sides are the presumptive favorites with odds to underscore the potential heights they may reach. Those shopping for a long-shot to make an unexpected run may find teams like the USMNT or Mexico, a.k.a. “El Tri”, both at +10000, appealing “sleeper” options.
Best 2022 World Cup Sportsbook Promos
As more states legalize sports betting, sports fans across the US can dive into all the sportsbook apps have to offer. That includes odds on the 2022 World Cup. New bettors are entitled to attractive welcome bonuses that make it easy and risk-free to try a sportsbook and gain experience placing bets. There’s no need to select only one sportsbook app. It’s recommended to keep multiple in your rotation in order to take advantage of the welcome bonuses, and to be sure you’re finding the best odds.
- DraftKings Sportsbook – Get a $50 Free Bet + a 20% deposit-match up to $1,000 with this exclusive link
- BetMGM – Get a risk-free bet up to $1,000 back with BetMGM bonus code: PLAYSPORTS
- Caesars Sportsbook – Get first bet insurance up to $1,250 back with Caesars Sportsbook promo code: SBBONUSFULL
- BetRivers – Get a 100% deposit-match up to $500 with bonus code BONUSPLAY
How To Bet For Free On 2022 World Cup Odds
New users are entitled to bonuses at the top books in the legal sports betting industry. These bonuses often come in the form of free bets, and can be used on World Cup wagers. Returning users aren’t neglected though. Event-specific promotions often become available leading up to a season, tournament, or playoffs. That will likely be the case at sportsbooks in the weeks leading into the World Cup in 2022.
Take a look at the welcome bonuses and promotions at a variety of mobile sportsbook apps:
|Online Sportsbook||Promo Code||States Operating|
|DraftKings Sportsbook||Deposit $5, Get $50 Free + 20% deposit match up to $1,000||AZ, CO, CT, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, PA, TN, VA, WV & WY|
|BetMGM||Risk-free bet up to $1,000 with bonus code PLAYSPORTS||AZ, CO, DC, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MI, MS, NJ, NV, NY, PA, TN, VA, WV & WY|
|Caesars||First bet insurance up to $1,250 back with promo code: SBBONUSFULL||AZ, CO, IN, IA, IL, KS, LA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, TN, VA & WV|
|BetRivers||100% deposit match up to $500 with bonus code BONUSPLAY||AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, LA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, VA & WV|
|FanDuel Sportsbook||'No Sweat First Bet' up to $1,000||AZ, CO, CT, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, TN, VA, WV & WY|
|Unibet||Risk-free bet between $100 and $500, depending on state, with bonus code BETBONUS||AZ, IN, IA, NJ, PA & VA|
|PointsBet||2 risk-free bets up to $2,000 total with bonus code 2000BET||CO, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, VA & WV|
$50 Free Bet From DraftKings Sportsbook
If you go for the $5 minimum, you essentially get 10x your deposit amount as a free bet. Terms and conditions apply, but you’ll be able to use the free bet on a World Cup wager. Either way, you’re coming out ahead when you sign up at DraftKings Sportsbook.
BetMGM Bonus Code: PLAYSPORTS For $1,000 Risk-Free
Those new to BetMGM can take advantage of a risk-free bet up to $1,000. A losing wager is refunded in free bets, each equal to 20% of the lost wager. A winning bet is immediately available for cashout. Other terms and conditions apply. Click to claim the BetMGM bonus code: PLAYSPORTS
Up To $1,250 In First Bet Insurance With Caesars Promo Code: SBBONUSFULL
The Caesars Sportsbook promo code is SBBONUSFULL for first bet insurance up to $1,250. Click to lock in the deal. If your first bet on the World Cup (or any other event) loses, you will receive your wager back in the form of a free bet credit.
Get a 100% Deposit-match Up To $500 With BetRivers Bonus Code: BONUSPLAY
Bettors using promo code BONUSPLAY can receive a deposit-match up to $500 at BetRivers. $500 may initially pale in comparison to some of the other offers available. However, bettors shouldn’t sleep on BetRivers Sportsbook or its promotional offer, since its 1x playthrough requirement makes it a better value than many of its competitors. Beginning or recreational bettors can sign up for BetRivers with the confidence they’ll be able to maximize the value of this introductory bonus. Click here to unlock this offer.
Up To $1,000 Risk-Free From FanDuel Sportsbook
You can bet risk-free with FanDuel Sportsbook‘s ‘No Sweat First Bet’ up to $1,000. If the bet loses, it’s refunded in betting credits that can be used on any combination of wagers, including bets as low as $0.09 each. If the wager wins instead, the payout and any remaining balance is immediately available for cashout via online bank transfer, PayPal, or whatever payment method you choose. Click to claim the risk-free FanDuel promo code.
Who Has The Best Odds To Win The 2022 World Cup?
Brazil owns the shortest odds to win the 2022 World Cup. Even casual soccer observers are familiar with Brazil’s status as one of the elite countries when it comes to performing on the pitch. Their team is loaded with flair players capable of delivering breathtaking goals and passes. This particular version, however, complements its attacking prowess with a stingy defense that will be difficult for opposing teams to break down.
Implied probabilities are calculated using odds offered by BetMGM.
Last Updated: 2022-09-29 00:00:00 PDT.
Implied probabilities are calculated using odds offered by BetMGM.
Brazil may be the favorite, but there are a number of loaded teams that loom as significant roadblocks en route to the final. Start with none other than reigning World Cup champion France. Meanwhile, England, Argentina, Belgium, and Germany are always quality teams that are difficult to eliminate from the tournament.
Latest 2022 World Cup News And Betting Odds Updates
- FIFA conducted its World Cup draw on April 1.
- Multiple teams punched their tickets to the 2022 World Cup at the end of March, including Portugal, Poland, Canada, Mexico, and the United States.
- Euro 2020 champions Italy were upset and eliminated by North Macedonia in the UEFA qualification playoff semifinal. They will miss their second consecutive World Cup.
- FIFA banned Russia from the World Cup and soccer competitions indefinitely.
- Australia, Costa Rica, and Wales punched tickets into the 32-team field.
2022 World Cup Draw
|Group A||Group B||Group C||Group D||Group E||Group F||Group G||Group H|
|Senegal||United States||Mexico||Tunisia||Japan||Morocco||Serbia||South Korea|
Types Of 2022 World Cup Bets Available All Season
Those looking to wager on the World Cup odds and lines have plenty of options across the industry’s mobile sportsbook offerings. Bettors will be able to wager on the following and more for the 2022 World Cup:
- Outright Winner: Place a bet on the team you think will win the entire tournament. This type of wager, called a “futures” bet, can be made well before the tournament kicks off. Generally, but not as a rule, bettors will get the best prices the earlier they place the wager. However, these fluctuate over time, and shrewd bettors can often land value when a number lengthens.
- Individual Match: If you’re not interested in committing to a bet on one team winning it all, that’s fine. There are more than a few ways to bet on individual matchups, and there will be no shortage of matches on which to place wagers. Bet on one side winning outright or even a draw.
- Most Goals: There will be a number of prop bets offered at various sportsbooks. Among them will be odds on the country that scores the most goals. Prop bets won’t be limited to tournament-long achievements. Mobile betting apps often feature prop bets for individual contests.
- Golden Boot: The Golden Boot is awarded to the player who nets the most goals throughout the tournament. Odds on the individual player to score the most goals will be included among player props for the 2022 World Cup.
This does not cover everything that you’ll be able to find on sports betting menus, so be sure to peruse your sportsbook apps for the types of wagers that speak to you. More competition in the market means brands and platforms making efforts to stand out with creative bet offerings.
2022 World Cup Odds – Who Are The Top Challengers?
- Germany (+1000): New manager Hansi Flick leads Germany into a new era following 15 years of guidance from Joachim Low. The roster is strong from front to back, featuring Chelsea’s Kai Havertz as a forward. Joshua Kimmich is strong in the midfield, and phenom Florian Wirtz is making progress in his return from a torn ACL.
- Belgium (+1400): Belgium has knocked on the door and threatened to win recent tournaments, including the 2020 Euros and 2018 World Cup. They’re led by Kevin De Bruyne, who is one of the top players in the world. He’s supported by the likes of Romelu Lukaku and Eden Hazard. Some pundits suggest this is the tail end of a promising generation of Belgian talent, so it may be ‘now or not for a long time’ if they don’t bring home the 2022 World Cup trophy.
- Portugal (+1400): There are few, if any, countries that can match the pure talent available to manager Fernando Santos. Unfortunately, particularly for neutrals tuning in for high-scoring matches, Santos employs a conservative style of play that limits the degree to which they hunt for goals and high-scoring performances. This isn’t necessarily a knock on their ability to go all the way. After all, defense wins championships as they say.
Odds To Win 2022 World Cup – Who Are The Dark Horses?
- USA (+11000): The US Men’s National team isn’t expected to make a ton of noise this cycle. They have a young, albeit talented, roster. The glaring weakness at this time is the lack of a consistent out-and-out striker. It remains to be seen whether that guy emerges for them before the start of the tournament. It will be fun for American fans to throw their support behind the team, but many pundits suggest 2022 is a building block for the 2026 World Cup which will take place on North American soil.
- Serbia (+11000): Don’t be surprised if Serbia makes some noise, perhaps even advancing out of their group. We spoke about the USMNT’s lack of a central figure in the No. 9 (striker) role. Well, Serbia has no such concern with 22-year-old sensation Dusan Vlahovic leading a group of quality attacking talent. He’ll be a threat that every team needs to prepare for and contend with. And that includes Brazil.
- Canada (+20000): Nobody is suggesting that Canada will advance to the World Cup final, let alone win it. That would instantly go down as one of the most incredible outcomes in sports history. However, they can make things miserable for the members of their group. They will have a difficult time finishing in the top two over Belgium and Croatia, but sometimes all it takes is a break or two to pull off a minor shocker and advance to the knockout stage.
Where Can I Bet On The 2022 World Cup Online?
Those who want to bet on the 2022 World Cup online must be located in a state that has legalized and launched sports betting. Here is where each of the best online sportsbooks are available:
- DraftKings Sportsbook in AZ, CO, CT, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, PA, TN, VA, WV & WY.
- BetMGM Sportsbook in AZ, CO, DC, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MI, MS, NJ, NV, NY, PA, TN, VA, WV & WY.
- Caesars Sportsbook in AZ, CO, IN, IA, IL, KS, LA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, TN, VA & WV.
- BetRivers Sportsbook in AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, LA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, VA & WV (as SugarHouse in CT, NJ & PA).
- FanDuel Sportsbook in AZ, CO, CT, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, TN, VA, WV & WY.
Legal online sports betting is hitting more and more states. Bettors in eligible states will have an easy time finding World Cup odds across the industry’s platforms. Those who prefer the in-person betting experience will be able to visit retail sportsbooks where available. A visit to a retail shop can be an enjoyable way to take in the action in addition to adding some skin to the game with a few wagers.
Some of the more recent states to add online sports betting include New York, which started 2022 off right by launching four apps on Jan. 8. Other recently legal states include Michigan, Virginia, Connecticut, Arizona, and Kansas.
Each state has different sportsbooks that are legally allowed to operate in its jurisdiction. But many of the top options are available in almost every state with legal online sports betting.
Don’t forget to shop around for the best odds. Prices are fluid and fluctuate continuously. A bettor wagering Brazil to win a match outright may find superior odds on one book over the others. However, a different sportsbook may pop up with the best odds for a different match. A little bit of due diligence and extra effort is ultimately good for the bottom line.
Learn more in our Guide To Placing A Sports Bet Online.
How To Choose The Best Sportsbook For 2022 World Cup Betting
Many fans would be keen to use risk-free bet offers for a free shot at the World Cup winner at advantageous odds. The top sportsbooks incentivize new users to trial their sportsbook app with sign-up bonuses. These bonuses are often in the form of free bets that users receive in the event of a losing wager. It’s a wonderful opportunity for someone dipping his or her toe into sports betting to place a wager.
Bettors don’t need to feel the need to bet only through one app. Sure, someone may prefer to maximize an available bonus offer as opposed to chasing the maximum value of another book’s bonus. But there’s no rule against using multiple books and claiming each one’s welcome bonus.
Another reason it’s great to have multiple sportsbooks at your fingertips is because the actual bet offerings will differ from book to book. One book may offer the individual player props that you want while another has a more robust menu of team props.
Over time, bettors may come to prefer one or two sportsbooks over the others. However, until that time comes, it’s recommended to keep as many around as one finds reasonable. Most apps run smoothly and free of glitches, but navigation and user interface preferences may also be the cause for someone to gravitate to one book over another.
How To Place Online 2022 World Cup Bets
You can go from prospective bettor to bettor in a matter of minutes. The first thing someone who wants to bet on the World Cup needs to do is download and sign up for a sportsbook. Refer to Bonus.com’s Sportsbook Reviews to get the exclusive promotional codes and find the sportsbook(s) right for you. Then, follow these easy steps:
- Step 1: Use our Online Sports Betting Guide to find the right sportsbook for you and to take advantage of the best promotions, such as the $50 free bet when you sign up at DraftKings Sportsbook.
- Step 2: Choose your sportsbook and download the app.
- Step 3: Go to the sign-up page and register for your account.
- Step 4: Enter your first and last name as well as your email address and last four 4 of your social security number.
- Step 5: Deposit money using the promo code found in the review.
- Step 6: Tap on Sports > Soccer > Futures > World Cup Odds > Place bet.
- Step 7: Once your team wins the World Cup, sign in to your account options, tap withdrawal, and enjoy your payday!
Where Can I Bet On The 2022 World Cup In Vegas?
Visitors to Las Vegas know that they’ll be able to find plenty of sports gambling opportunities in Sin City. Bettors can bet on live events already in progress or before they begin. World Cup bettors in particular will thoroughly enjoy the experience in Las Vegas.
Bettors living in or visiting Vegas will find a lengthy list of casinos that includes — but is not limited to — MGM Grand, Caesar’s Palace, Golden Nugget, Westgate SuperBook, Wynn, South Point, and the Venetian. Bettors will not have trouble finding sportsbooks that accept World Cup wagers and betting action.
Bettors will be able to bet online through a number of sportsbook apps in Nevada as well. Whether it’s in person or through a mobile device, bettors in Nevada have a number of options. It’s recommended that bettors check Bonus.com to find the best sportsbook for them.
How Are 2022 World Cup Betting Odds Calculated?
Bettors who want to make the best decision and most informed wagers can help themselves by understanding how odds are created and calculated. There are a number of factors that play into sportsbooks and oddsmakers setting prices. The best teams typically own the shortest odds. However, as we know, the favorites don’t always perform as the favorite when the actual competition begins. And there are almost always teams, no matter the sport, that defy their long odds to make a deeper-than-expected run.
DraftKings Sportsbook, for example, lists Brazil (+450), France (+600), England (+650), and Spain (+750) as the favorites to win the 2022 World Cup. Each country has a number of players performing at high levels in Europe’s top leagues, and have been championship contenders in recent prestigious tournaments and competitions.
Odds fluctuate leading up to and throughout the World Cup. Injuries and the form of individual players can factor into a team’s price being adjusted. Oddsmakers also adjust in accordance with how much money is coming in on a side, and where that money is coming. For instance, a big bet by “sharps” is significantly more likely to prompt a price change than public money.
Bettors should consider that much of the success enjoyed during the World Cup will hinge on what countries can click early and maintain a rhythm throughout the competition. These competitions are so short, relatively speaking, it’s often the teams that get hot at the right time or who find themselves on the receiving end of a fortunate bounce or two that are able to advance deep into the tournament. It’s also a reason for why managers opt to play conservatively. Avoiding a loss is sometimes just as effective as pursuing a win, particularly in the group stage when teams will beat themselves.
Bettors in the hunt for more significant profit margins will want to keep tabs on some of the countries drawing longer odds. There will be a number of under-the-radar teams capable of getting hot or riding on the shoulders of a star player or two en route to the knockout stage.
World Cup Odds And Betting
Moneyline bets, also known as “straight bets”, are simple to grasp. Moneyline bets require someone to pick the winner of a match.
When comparing moneyline odds, a plus symbol (+) indicates an underdog while a minus symbol (-) indicates the favorite. For example, if Mexico is drawing +150 odds in a matchup, a bettor would wager $100 for the opportunity to net $250 ($150 profit plus the original $100 stake) in profit given a Mexico victory. Conversely, if Belgium is -200 in one of its matchups, a bettor would wager $200 for the opportunity to net $100 in profit.
Point spread bets are wagers in which a sportsbook creates a margin that teams must win — or lose — by. Point spread bets aren’t as popular in low-scoring sports such as soccer, baseball, and hockey. However, for example, if a team is favored by -2.5, it must win by 3 or more in order to “cover”. An underdog drawing +2.5 odds must lose by no more than 2 in order to cover. Though traditional spread bets aren’t the bread & butter for soccer bettors, several top sportsbooks will offer point spread odds that satisfy the appetite for those types of wagers.
An Over/Under bet is one in which the bettor predicts whether the combined score of two teams will fall above or below the number set by oddsmakers. In the World Cup, a bettor may see a total set at 2.5 goals. If the game finishes 1-1, bettors who wagered on the Under will win. Those who bet the Over will lose. In an alternate scenario, if the game finishes 2-1, Over bettors will win while Under bettors lose.
A parlay wager is one in which someone bets on multiple occurrences. The more bets included on a single parlay ticket, the higher the potential payout. Of course, with every additional bet, the odds of the ticket winning decrease. And each bet on a parlay needs to win for the parlay to be successful. Sportsbooks do a good job of letting bettors see each bet they’re including on a ticket, and the potential payout they stand to receive should each leg settle as a winner.
What Is A Futures Bet?
A futures bet is a wager that takes into account an event that will happen in the days, weeks, months to come. It can involve wagering on a team to win its championship, conference, or division. A World Cup futures bet is a wager on a country winning the tournament. Even favorites such as Brazil and France come with plus-money futures odds. Bettors have to wait patiently for their futures bets to pan out.
World Cup Prop Bets
A prop bet is a wager on an occurrence of an event happening in a match. These aren’t directly related to the winner of a match or whether a team covers or not. Most sportsbooks offer prop bets for various sports and significant competitions and events. The World Cup, in all likelihood, won’t be any different.
Time will tell what sportsbooks provide the most robust menu of prop bets, but bettors can be confident they’ll have plenty of options when the World Cup kicks off in November. These offerings will likely span player and team-related performances.
Past World Cup Prop Bets
There were a number of prop bets available for bettors to wager on during the 2018 World Cup. The offerings included, but weren’t limited to, the winner of the Golden Boot, the team most likely to perform best among the countries from its continent, the team to score the most goals, the group to produce the title winner, etc.
Bettors should expect to have access to a number of prop bets, involving teams and players, for the 2022 World Cup as well.
Strategies For World Cup Betting
Using Alternate Lines can be extremely profitable when it comes to sports betting. When a line comes out from the sportsbook, it can move in many different directions. If you like the World Cup line at the beginning of the week, it could be wise to jump on it early with an alternate spread to increase profitability.
Fade The Public?
World Cup lines move all over the place because it is one of the busiest sporting events on the betting calendar. Fading the public is a betting strategy that goes with the initial betting line that oddsmakers put out. The idea is to not follow where the public is betting and to always stick with the professionals. Sometimes its easier said than done, and requires some digging on the bettor’s part.
What Is Middling In Sports Betting?
A betting strategy that recreational bettors may not know, middling is a strategy that includes multiple wagers on a game. It is not perfect but it can be quite effective. The game of soccer doesn’t provide the best tangible examples of middling, but generally speaking, a bettor may start by backing the favorite at a favorable line. If the odds on the underdog become favorable in this particular contest, the bettor may place a wager on them too. This is particularly relevant for point spread wagers. If a bettor places a wager on Team A -3.5 and later on Team B at +5, and Team A wins by 4, the bettor will win both bets.
Betting Odds For The 2022 World Cup FAQ
Brazil, France, England, Argentina, and Spain are the favorites to win the 2022 World Cup. Banking on the winner emerging from those five teams is a reasonable bet. However, teams like Belgium, Germany, and Portugal, among others, will be tough teams to oust from the knockout stage should they all advance.
Yes, there are a number of states in the US that have legalized sports betting. Bettors will be able to place World Cup wagers in these states.
Generally speaking, 21, but some states may allow 18-year-olds to wager on sports. New York, Montana, and Rhode Island allow bettors to wager at 18 years or older at some casinos. However, most states require bettors be 21 years of age.
The top online sportsbooks include DraftKings, BetMGM, Caesars Sports, and FanDuel. It’s likely that every online sportsbook in the US will offer bets on the World Cup considering it’s arguably the biggest sporting event in the world.
Yes. Using any of the legal online sportsbooks found on this page will allow you to place any bet legally and safely. Be careful to only use sportsbooks that are legally licensed or partnered with a legal online casino. They are the most reliable for safe deposits and cashouts.
Live betting on the World Cup will likely be available. Live betting is an extremely popular and fun way to wager. In-game betting is not limited to the spread or moneyline either. You can bet on a host of prop bets and totals throughout the game as the lines move.
The Super Bowl is known for offering bets on events that take place off of the field. For example, bettors can wager on the length of the national anthem or the color of the Gatorade dumped on the winning coach. The World Cup may offer odds for some off-the-pitch events as well.
The 2022 World Cup will take place from Nov. 21 through Dec. 18 in Qatar. The event traditionally takes place during the summer, but because of Qatar’s climate, the tournament was moved later in the calendar to take advantage of more favorable conditions.