BetMGM Sportsbook Bonus Code: PLAYSPORTS for up to $1,500 in Bonus Bets
BetMGM Sportsbook is legal in more than 20 states. Bettors can make legal sports bets in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Massachusetts, Maryland, Illinois and a growing list of other states.
Use the BetMGM Sportsbook bonus code PLAYSPORTS to get up to $1,500 paid back in bonus bets if your first bet loses. If your first wager is unsuccessful, BetMGM Sportsbook provides a rebate up to $1,500 in your account. The wagering requirement for the bonus bets is only 1x the cash received.
For a quick comparison, BetMGM Sportsbook has better football futures odds than DraftKings does, and many of its single-game baseball bets have better odds too. Beyond that, the site offers a series of boosts and parlay bets that help someone new to online sports betting learn the more exotic bets. The live betting page is world-class and joining BetMGM Rewards automatically enrolls a person in the traditional MGM Rewards program.
Paid back in bonus cash up to $1,500. BetMGM Rewards: Collect Rewards Points for on-property benefits at MGM Resorts nationwide. Easy Parlay: The easy parlay generator tool works for same-game or multi-game bets. Parlay Boost: Win bigger paydays with boosted odds that through bonus offers. Lion’s Boosts: Select events have one or two handpicked bets with boosted odds. One-Game Parlays: Readymade 3-leg parlay bets for newcomers. Live Betting: In-game betting on 20 sports at any time.
BetMGM Sportsbook Bonus Code in 2023: PLAYSPORTS
Sign up with BetMGM Sportsbook and use the BetMGM bonus code PLAYSPORTS to claim a first bet welcome bonus worth up to $1,500.
|BetMGM Sportsbook Bonus Code:||PLAYSPORTS|
|Sign-up Bonus Info||• Up to $1,500 paid back in bonus bets if first bet loses.
• Qualify by making a deposit of $10 or more.
• Make a first bet of $10 or more bet and receive rebate cash if the bet loses.
• Play with a 1x wagering requirement on the bonus cash you receive.
• If you win the first bet, you keep your winnings.
|Available to Users in||AZ, CO, DC, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, MS, NJ, OH, NV, NY, PA, TN, VA, WV & WY - Note: Offer not available in DC, MS, NV or NY|
|Launching Soon||Kentucky (coming Sept. 28, 2023)|
|Payout Speed||Based on method, from 24 hours up to 21 business days.|
|Best Deposit Options||Visa, Mastercard, VIP Preferred, Play+, PayPal|
|Rewards Club||MGM Rewards|
|Best Sports to Bet on||NBA: Popular micro-bets like the Race to 5/10/15/20 Points.|
|Promos||• Paid Back Bonus: Erase a mistake with rebate money.
• Teaser Bets: Mix spreads and total selections from football and basketball.
• One-Game Parlays: Made easy with its own special offer.
• MGM Rewards: Member exclusive promotions.
|Last Updated||September 21, 2023|
Terms and conditions apply to all offers. Please see BetMGM Sportsbook for details. 21+ Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER+
What You Need to Know About the BetMGM Sportsbook Welcome Bonus
Receive up to $1,500 paid back to your account if you lose your first bet. Simply deposit $10 or more, then make a first bet of $10 or more. If you win, then you keep the cash. If you lose, BetMGM pays back the amount you wagered. It reappears in your player account with a 1x rollover.
Keep in mind this is not a traditional match bonus. Instead, it pays back any losses on your first bet. To gain the most value, players have to make a major first bet, which some will not like. We certainly did not max out our paid-back opportunity, but the option is there for $1000 in bets paid back.
Signing up at BetMGM Online Sportsbook
Sign up by clicking the “Register” button at the top right of any page. A pop-up appears asking for your email address. Customers can register with PayPal or through Yahoo Sports. If you use your email address to register, then create a password between 8 and 20 characters long. Next, give the name on your driver’s license, then the last four digits of your Social Security number. This confirms your birth date, so give your accurate date of birth. Next, enter your phone number, which is used to receive security codes.
To verify your account, upload a copy of a U.S. driver’s license or state ID card. The list of state ID cards includes a passport, passport card, military ID, or permanent U.S. resident card. BetMGM has a video on the upload page to help bettors through the process.
You also must upload address-confirming documents. This could be a bank account statement or utility bill from the last three months. Other qualifying documents are an IRS tax notification, tenancy agreement, or home loan statement from the last 12 months.
The average verification time is 24 to 48 hours. Do not ask for an update during this phase, because it may cause additional delays. The site uses SSL protection for your documents and the most advanced firewalls in the world.
Where is BetMGM Sportsbook Legal?
BetMGM Sportsbook is licensed in more than 20 states. That number should increase in the future. For now, here is a quick look at BetMGM’s state-by-state operations:
- BetMGM Sportsbook Arizona: BetMGM launched in Arizona in 2021 thanks to a partnership with State Farm Stadium, home of the Arizona Cardinals. The Arizona Department of Gaming licenses BetMGM Sportsbook. Arizona sports betting details.
- BetMGM Sportsbook Colorado: Since 2020, BetMGM Sportsbook has operated legally in Colorado. The Midnight Rose Casino in Cripple Creek is BetMGM’s partner in Colorado. This deal is licensed by the Colorado Limited Gaming Control Commission and the Colorado Division of Gaming. Colorado sports betting details.
- BetMGM Sportsbook Florida: BetMGM Sportsbook is not online yet in Florida, due to a 2022 ruling by U.S. District Judge Dabney Friedrich. Florida has appealed the decision and BetMGM awaits the decision. Florida sports betting details.
- BetMGM Sportsbook Illinois: The Par-a-Dice Casino in East Peoria is the site’s partner in Illinois. The Illinois Gaming Board approved BetMGM Sportsbook on January 27, 2022, and the sportsbook launched in March 2022. Illinois Sports Betting Promos.
- BetMGM Sportsbook Indiana: BetMGM launched in Indiana in 2020 in partnership with the Belterra Casino (Boyd Gaming) in Florence. The Indiana Sports Wagering and Paid Fantasy Sports Division licenses the site in the Hoosier State. Indiana online gaming details.
- BetMGM Sportsbook Iowa: The sportsbook is partnered with the Diamond Jo Casino in Dubuque. The Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission (IRGC) licenses BetMGM Sportsbook in Iowa. Iowa online gaming details.
- BetMGM Sportsbook Kansas: The Kansas Crossing Casino & Hotel (Peninsula Pacific Entertainment) is the partner of BetMGM in Kansas. The Kansas Racing and Gaming Commission (KRGC) licenses the site in Kansas. Kansas sports betting details.
- BetMGM Sportsbook Kentucky (Coming Sept. 28, 2023): The Bluegrass State legalized sports betting on March 31, 2023, and could license up to 27 sports betting apps. Retail sportsbooks are slated to open on Sept. 7, and online Kentucky sportsbooks will debut on Sept. 28, 2023. BetMGM Sportsbook Kentucky must be licensed by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission (KHRC) to open in the state. To gain market access rights, BetMGM and Revolutionary Racing Kentucky partnered with one another. BetMGM also plans to open a retail BetMGM Sportsbook at Sandy’s Racing & Gaming in Ashland.
Sign up with BetMGM Kentucky today using bonus code PREPLAYSPORTS and get $100 in bonus bets on launch day. Kentucky sports betting promos.
- BetMGM Sportsbook Louisiana: BetMGM has five partners in Louisiana: Amelia Belle, Delta Downs, Evangeline Downs, Sam’s Town Shreveport and Treasure Chest. The Gaming Enforcement Division and the Louisiana Gaming Control Board (LGCB) regulate sports betting in Louisiana. Louisiana sports betting details.
- BetMGM Sportsbook Maryland: BetMGM Sportsbook partners with the MGM National Harbor in Oxon Hill. The Maryland State Lottery & Gaming Control Agency licenses the site. Maryland sports betting details.
- BetMGM Sportsbook Massachusetts: BetMGM Sportsbook works out of the MGM Springfield in Massachusetts. The Massachusetts Gaming Commission licenses BetMGM Sportsbook in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Massachusetts sports betting promos.
- BetMGM Sportsbook Michigan: The Michigan version of the site launched in January 2021 with a license tied to MGM Grand Detroit. The Michigan Gaming Control Board licenses the site in Michigan. Michigan online gaming details.
- BetMGM Sportsbook Mississippi: BetMGM Sportsbook launched in September 2021 in Mississippi. Its partner is The Gold Strike Casino Resort in Tunica, while the Mississippi Gaming Commission issued the license.
- BetMGM Sportsbook Nevada: The BetMGM Sportsbook Nevada operates in Nevada in partnership with a string of famous casinos, including the MGM Grand, Bellagio and Mandalay Bay resorts on the Las Vegas Strip. MGM Resorts’ joint venture partner is Entain Plc, known as GVC Holdings prior to 2020. The Nevada Gaming Commission licensed BetMGM Sportsbook in Nevada. Nevada online gaming details.
- BetMGM Sportsbook New Jersey: BetMGM Sportsbook New Jersey works in partnership with Borgata, Atlantic City’s most successful land-based casino. The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement (DGE) licenses the sportsbook. New Jersey online gaming details.
- BetMGM Sportsbook New York: The sportsbook has a partnership with Madison Square Garden in New York State, and thus works with other MSG entities like the New York Knicks and the New York Rangers. The NYS Gaming Commission licenses the sportsbook. New York online gaming details.
- BetMGM Sportsbook Ohio: One of BetMGM’s Ohio partners is the Cleveland-area racino MGM Northfield Park. The other is the Great American Ball Park, home of the Cincinnati Reds. The Ohio Casino Control Commission licenses BetMGM Sportsbook in the state. Ohio sportsbook promos.
- BetMGM Sportsbook Pennsylvania: Since November 2018, the site’s Pennsylvania partner has been Acrisure Stadium, home of the Pittsburgh Steelers. The online sportsbook received a license from the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (GCB). Pennsylvania online casinos .
- BetMGM Sportsbook Tennessee: The sportsbook has two partners in Tennessee. The first (2020) is Nissan Stadium, home of the Tennessee Titans. The second is Bridgestone Arena (2022), home of the Nashville Predators. The Tennessee Sports Wagering Advisory Council (SWAC) licenses the BetMGM Sportsbook in the Volunteer State. Tennessee sports betting details.
- BetMGM Sportsbook Virginia: BetMGM partners with The Washington Nationals in the Virginia area, while bettors can receive withdrawals in nearby MGM National Harbor. The Virginia Lottery licenses BetMGM Sportsbook in Virginia. Virginia sports betting details.
- BetMGM Sportsbook West Virginia: Since January 21, 2020, BetMGM Sportsbook West Virginia has partnered with The Greenbrier Casino Club in White Sulphur Springs. The West Virginia Lottery licenses the arrangement. West Virginia online gaming details.
- BetMGM Sportsbook Wyoming: The Wyoming Gaming Commission licensed BetMGM Sportsbook in January 2021, and it began operations on September 1, 2021. No commercial casinos operate in Wyoming, so the mobile sportsbook app operates without a casino partner. Wyoming sports betting details.
Also, BetMGM is licensed in Washington D.C. and the Canadian province of Ontario. Beyond those locations, bettors can expect to see BetMGM in several other states soon.
Several U.S. states look as if they will legalize sports betting in the coming months. If so, all three are likely to license the BetMGM Sportsbook. Those three states are:
- BetMGM Sportsbook North Carolina: North Carolina’s House passed online and mobile sports betting in April 2023. If the bill passes the state senate, NC plans to license up to 12 sportsbook apps. Expect the North Carolina Lottery to license the sportsbook when the state launches sports betting. North Carolina sports betting details.
- BetMGM Sportsbook Vermont: Vermont’s House recently passed a sports betting bill that would license 2-6 sportsbook operators. The Vermont State Lottery Commission might regulate sports betting, or the state could create a separate regulator. Vermont sports betting details.
What Sets BetMGM Sportsbook Apart?
Several tech features and promotions cause BetMGM to stand out, but the wagers themselves are the biggest attraction. BetMGM Sportsbook offers better odds on NFL and MLB games than its rivals. When it comes to NBA and NHL games, the sportsbooks’ odds are sometimes better and sometimes worse.
- ✅ Offers nice same-game or multi-game parlay betting options with the Easy Parlay tool. Bet on a single game or combine NBA, NFL and MLB bets for your parlay.
- ✅ Better NFL futures odds than at DraftKings or PointsBet.
- ✅ Much better daily odds for MLB than its competitors offer.
- ✅ All sports bets at the sportsbook generate MGM Rewards points for use online or at 22 land-based MGM Resorts throughout the U.S.
- 🚫 NBA and NHL odds are a mixed bag. Shop across BetMGM, DraftKings and PointsBet for the best NBA and NHL odds.
- 🚫 Promotions differ from state to state. Some as-seen-on-TV offers may not apply in your state.
How Do Deposits and Withdrawals Work at BetMGM?
Banking methods vary by state, though deposits always include Visa, MasterCard, VIP Preferred, online banking, Play+, bank wire transfer and PayPal. Moreover, BetMGM Colorado supports payments with Discover Card, BetMGM gift cards, Venmo and the Game On Card by Blackhawk Network.
The withdrawal methods are similar in most states: Visa debit, MasterCard debit, PayPal, VIP Preferred, online banking and Play+. If the sportsbook supports Venmo payments in a certain state, then Venmo withdrawals are allowed. The site has 24-hour deposit assistance via live chat and email.
BetMGM Sportsbook in Conclusion
BetMGM Sportsbook shines once a player starts to wager. The game-to-game MLB bets are much better than at DraftKings, while BetMGM’s NFL futures were somewhat better across the board. That is important when trying to beat the juice, so we recommend BetMGM Sportsbook as a solid alternative to the competition.
Bettors who max out their sign-up bonus and promo code should be happy at BetMGM Sportsbook. It makes sense to use the “paid back” bonus, but players must remember to make a bigger bet because the deal applies to the first wager only. If making a huge first-time bet for the sake of a potential bonus gives you hesitation, this sportsbook may not be the best fit. That said, BetMGM Sportsbook could be a good choice in the long term due to its above-average odds.
Enter the BetMGM Sportsbook bonus code PLAYSPORTS and you get up to $1,500 paid back in bonuses if your first bet loses. This occurs if you make a $10 deposit or more. Check out the BetMGM Sportsbook welcome bonus section above for the full terms and conditions.
BetMGM’s online sportsbook is legal in Arizona, Colorado, Washington D.C., Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wyoming. It also is available in the District of Columbia and the province of Ontario in Canada.
BetMGM Sportsbook should be launching in Kentucky in September 2023.
Download the Android app on the BetMGM Sportsbook mobile page. Visit the App Store to download the BetMGM Sportsbook app for iOS devices.
The fastest cash-out method is a four-way tie: Visa Debit, PayPal, Venmo and the Play+ Prepaid Card. Once the verification process is complete, all four allow cash-out within 24 hours. Bettors who live near Atlantic City can cash out via the Borgata cashier cage within 10-12 hours.
BetMGM Sportsbook does not charge fees for withdrawals. However, the payment provider you choose may charge a fee to receive a payment from the sportsbook. If you are concerned about paying fees for withdrawals, check with your payment provider before asking for a payout.