Kansas sports betting went live on September 1 with a soft launch. A full launch followed on Sept. 8. The Kansas sports betting apps now live include some of the most famous online sportsbooks such as DraftKings Kansas, BetMGM Kansas, Caesars Sportsbook Kansas, and FanDuel Kansas.
Kansas Sports Betting Promo Codes September 2022
|Kansas Sportsbook||Promo Code||Promo Offers|
|DraftKings Sportsbook Kansas Promo Code:||Click to Claim||Sign up today for up to $1,050|
|BetMGM Kansas Bonus Code:||Click to Claim||Sign up today for $1,000 risk-free|
|Caesars Sportsbook Kansas Promo Code:||SBBONUSFULL||Claim up to $1,250|
|FanDuel Sportsbook Kansas Promo Code:||Click to Claim||Sign up today for $150 in free bets - Bet $5, Get $150|
|PointsBet Sportsbook Kansas Promo Code:||2000BET||Sign up today for up to $2,000|
Bettors must be at least 21 years old and physically located in the state of Kansas to qualify.
Best Kansas Online Betting Sites – Bonus Breakdown
Some of the top sports betting apps in the US are now available to Kansas bettors. Claim bonus offers below:
- DraftKings Kansas is offering new users a $50 free bet in addition to a 20% match up to $1,000. Use our DraftKings Kansas promo link to sign up and claim the offer. Users must opt-in while physically present in Kansas. Additional terms and conditions apply.
- BetMGM Kansas is offering new users $1,000 in a risk-free bet. This is one of the best promotions in the state. Use this exclusive BetMGM Kansas bonus code PLAYSPORTS to claim.
- Caesars Sportsbook Kansas is offering Kansas bettors up to $1,250 on Caesars. Claim using Caesars Kansas promo code SBBONUSFULL
- FanDuel Kansas is offering new users $150 in site credit when they register for an account. Sign up at FanDuel Kansas now to claim the deal.
- PointsBet Kansas is offering new users 2 Second Chance Free Bets up to $2,000. Sign up at PointsBet Kansas with promo code: 2000BET
Kansas City Chiefs Sportsbook Promo Codes
When you’re the most popular team in the state, you’re going to be the most popular promotion. Here are the best Kansas City Chiefs sports betting cash bonuses:
|Online Sportsbook||KC Chiefs Promotions (all players)||Promo Code (new players)|
|DraftKings Sportsbook KS||MLB same game parlay profit boosts||Deposit $5, Get $50 Free + 20% deposit match up to $1,000|
|BetMGM KS||NFL bet & get promotions||Risk-free bet up to $1,000 with bonus code PLAYSPORTS|
|Caesars Sportsbook KS||Bet $100 on the NFL, get a free NFL jersey of your choice||First bet up to $1,250 with promo code: SBBONUSFULL|
Kansas City Royals Sportsbook Promo Codes
Certain sportsbooks specialize in promotions around specific sports and teams. Here are the best options for Kansas City Royals sports betting promo codes:
|Online Sportsbook||KC Royals Promotions (all players)||Promo Code (new players)|
|DraftKings Sportsbook KS||MLB same game parlay profit boosts||Deposit $5, Get $50 Free + 20% deposit match up to $1,000|
|FanDuel Sportsbook KS||Combining multiple MLB same game parlays into one wager||No sweat first bet up to $1,000|
Kansas Legal Sports Betting Timeline
- September 16, 2022: Sports betting is off to a fast start in the state, the Kansas Lottery reports. From September 1 through September 11, over 2.4 million bets were placed in Kansas and Kansans cashed over $47 million in winnings during this time.
- September 8, 2022: Kansas sports betting officially goes live with a full launch with an unlimited number of casinos.
- September 1, 2022: The soft launch date of Kansas sports betting, where bettors who signed up early or visit the in-person sportsbooks can bet at a limited capacity.
- August 26, 2022: The Kansas Lottery announces that DraftKings, BetMGM, FanDuel, Caesars, PointsBet, and Barstool will all be available to the public when sports betting goes live in the state starting at noon on Sept. 1, 2022.
- August 25, 2022: Butler National Corporation, through its wholly-owned subsidiary that manages Boot Hill Casino & Resort in Dodge City, Kansas, announced an agreement with Golden Nugget Online Gaming, LLC, a subsidiary of DraftKings, Inc. that could bring GNOG’s online interactive sportsbook to Kansas.
- August 18, 2022: Gov. Laura Kelly announced that casinos will allow in-person and mobile sports betting wagers starting Sept. 1, 2022 – officially opening Sept. 8, 2022.
- August 12, 2022: The Kansas Racing and Gaming Commission unanimously approved regulations to legalize sports betting in the state, KWCH12 reports.
- July 20, 2022: Kansas Speedway announces the anticipated opening of the Barstool Sportsbook at Hollywood Casino as sports wagering becomes available in the state of Kansas. Hollywood Casino anticipates opening a temporary Barstool Sportsbook under its Turn 2 Sports Bar and Restaurant at the Speedway in September which will provide a place for fans to wager on NASCAR and all the other sports that will be in action during race weekend.
- July 1, 2022: The sports betting legislation signed into law by Kansas Governor Laura Kelly in May goes into effect.
- May 16, 2022: Boot Hill Casino & Resort in Dodge City announces its has entered into agreements with sports betting providers DraftKings and Bally’s Corporation. In addition to online sports betting through DraftKings and Bally’s, Boot Hill Casino anticipates an on-site sports book to accept wagers as soon as this fall.
- May 12, 2022: Kansas Governor Laura Kelly signed sports betting legislation into law effective July 1. Senate Bill 84 also allows state casinos to use digital platforms and create sportsbooks and allows venues such as restaurants and nonprofit fraternal or veterans organizations to hold sports wagering.
Current Status of Kansas Sports Betting Online & In-Person
Kansas sports betting launched on September 1, 2022, just in time NFL season. Governor Laura Kelly signed the legislation into law on May 12, 2022, effective July 1.
Bettors in the Sunflower State now have several top-notch sports betting apps to choose from after betting apps launched in Kansas. And with neighboring Missouri and Oklahoma both failing to make progress with legalizing sports betting this year, it could spell good news for the Kansas tax coffers, as segments of neighboring populations will surely cross state lines to take advantage of both online and in-person wagering.
While potential sports betting revenue for Kansas is challenging to measure, Kansas casinos generated $30.3 million in total revenue in June 2022.
Kansas Sports Betting News
Bettors who sign up early at BetMGM Sportsbook in Kansas receives $200 in free bets the day the app goes live (four $50 free bets). To claim, all it takes is using the BetMGM Kansas bonus code link below and create a free account: Once Kansas sports betting goes live on Sept. 1, 2022, log […]
In theory, Kansas sports betting may have nearly 6 million possible wagerers. Online sportsbook operators call a more scientific version of that “total addressable market (TAM),” and the term will be relevant when sports betting officially launches on Sept. 8, the same day the NFL season begins. Soft launches, or testing the apps with limited times […]
Bettors looking for the DraftKings Casino Kansas $100 pre-launch promo code can take advantage of our exclusive referral link. Simply click below to lock in four $25 free bets the moment DraftKings Casino Kansas goes live on September 1, 2022: Sign Up Today: Claim the DraftKings Casino Kansas promo before it goes live Early sign-ups […]
Best Kansas Online Betting Sites for 2022
All online sportsbooks in Kansas offer competitive odds on the Kansas City Chiefs and Royals. In fact, one sportsbook may have the best odds one day and a different one could have the best odds the next. Here are the top Kansas online sportsbooks now available to Kansas bettors.
1. DraftKings Kansas
- Best overall app
- iOS, Android, and web browser
- Superior live betting platform
- States available in: AZ, CO, CT, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, PA, TN, VA, WV & WY
DraftKings Sportsbook is among the best options for sports bettors throughout North America. The speed and reliability of its sports betting app deliver a first-rate experience for live betting. DraftKings is offering a $50 free bet plus 20% up to $1,000 to users who register for a new account in Kansas.
DraftKings offers new users the free $50 bet with a minimum $5 deposit. Claim the free bet and the 20% deposit match up to $1,000 using our DraftKings Kansas promo code link. Terms and conditions apply.
2. BetMGM Kansas
- Best for new bettors
- iOS, Android, and web browser
- Super competitive odds
- Available in: AZ, CO, DC, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MI, MS, NJ, NV, NY, PA, TN, VA, WV & WY
BetMGM Kansas has a stellar 4.8 rating at the App Store after more than 86,000 customer reviews. Its sports betting app gives users access to highly competitive odds on a wide variety of sports. BetMGM also has one of the best customer loyalty programs in the industry in M Life Rewards. You’ll also find several convenient options to make deposits and withdrawals at BetMGM.
3. Caesars Sportsbook Kansas
- Best for advanced bettors
- iOS, Android, and web browser
- Several ongoing promotions
- Available in: AZ, CO, IN, IA, IL, KS, LA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, TN, VA & WV
Caesars Sportsbook has a competitive bonus offer for new users. The first bet up to $1,250 + 1000 Tier Credits + 1000 Reward Credits®. Beyond the sign-up bonus, Caesars Sportsbook distinguishes itself with a bevy of ongoing promotions through its Caesars Rewards customer loyalty program.
4. FanDuel Sportsbook Kansas
- Best for iOS and Android
- Also available for web browser
- Great for sports betting and DFS
- Available in: AZ, CO, CT, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, TN, VA, WV & WY
FanDuel made its name by becoming a leader in daily fantasy sports (DFS). It has since done the same in the sports betting space. FanDuel offers separate apps for sports betting and DFS. New users who register for a FanDuel Sportsbook account can bet $5 to get $150 in site credit. On top of the $150 free, Kansas bettors may be able to take advantage of a no sweat first bet up to $1,000 on their first wager at FanDuel once the offer becomes available. You’ll discover a generous selection of betting markets and deposit/withdrawal options at FanDuel.
5. PointsBet Kansas
- Best for parlays
- Available on iOS, Android, and Desktop
- Available in CO, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, VA & WV
PointsBet Kansas offers new users 2 Second Chance Free Bets up to $2,000. Users can claim a fixed odds wager up to $500 and up to $1,500 as a PointsBetting wager. PointsBet, which started in Australia, offers a unique way to wager on sports with PointsBetting. If your bet wins by one point, you win the amount of your bet. If you win by two points, you win twice the amount of your wager. That scale continues up to a maximum of 10 points. It also works in reverse, too, so you can maximize your winnings but the chance exists to lose more.
PointsBet has a partnership with Kansas Crossing Casino and Hotel and is now live in Kansas.
Which Sportsbooks are Available in Kansas?
The Kansas Lottery announced the sportsbook operators with Kansas casinos partnerships that are operational now that sports betting had its soft launch on Sept. 1, 2022. They include:
- DraftKings Kansas (Boot Hill Casino and Resort)
- BetMGM Kansas (Kansas Crossing Casino)
- Caesars Sportsbook Kansas (Kansas Crossing Casino)
- FanDuel Kansas (Kansas Star Casino)
- PointsBet Kansas (Kansas Crossing Casino)
- Barstool Sportsbook is owned by Penn National Gaming and operates the Hollywood Casino at Kansas Speedway.
What Other Legal Sportsbooks Could Be Coming To Kansas?
There is a chance that KS sports betting will also have Unibet joining PointsBet and other operators in the Sunflower State at some point in the future.
Unibet is a great option for international sports bettors. Unibet’s sports betting app is easy to navigate. In addition to competitive odds, new users can also look forward to a welcome bonus after opening their account at Unibet. Its bonus offer varies from state to state
Barstool Sportsbook is owned by Penn National Gaming, which operates the Hollywood Casino at Kansas Speedway. Hollywood Casino anticipates opening a temporary Barstool Sportsbook under its Turn 2 Sports Bar and Restaurant in September. Long term, Hollywood Casino plans a permanent Barstool Sportsbook next year that will include a full restaurant, field house games and outdoor accessibility to the giant patio that overlooks Kansas Speedway.
Kansas Sportsbook Promo Codes Available for KS Sports Betting
As you’ve seen so far, sportsbooks offer different types of sign-up bonuses. They come in the following forms:
- Risk-free bets
- Matching deposits
- No sweat first bet
Let’s examine the bonus for each sportsbook in the markets where they are legal as well as the terms and conditions that apply in each case.
DraftKings Sportsbook Kansas
Terms & Conditions: $1 bonus credit for every $25 wagered. All qualifying bets must be made at odds of -300 or longer. $5 minimum deposit. Must deposit $5,000 to receive the maximum $1,000 bonus.
Bonus: $1,000 risk-free bet
Terms & Conditions: If your risk-free bet is $50 or less, you’ll receive a single free bet credited to your account within 24 hours. If your risk-free bet is higher than $50, BetMGM Kansas will give you free bets in denominations equal to 20% of the wager.
Caesars Sportsbook Kansas
Bonus: Up to $1,250 in a first bet + 1000 Tier Credits + 1000 Reward Credits®. Claim with Caesars Sportsbook Kansas bonus code: SBBONUSFULL
Terms & Conditions: Caesars Sportsbook Kansas offers new players insurance on their first bet. So if your first bet loses, you will receive that money back in the form of site credits for a free bet of the same amount. The cap on the insurance offered is $1,250.
FanDuel Sportsbook Kansas
Bonus: $1,000 no sweat first bet
Terms & Conditions: New users in Kansas who register for a FanDuel Sportsbook account can claim up to $1,000. You must be at least 21 years old and physically located in the state of Kansas. However, you do not need to be a resident of the state. The no sweat first bet covers wagers up to $1,000 and applies to your first single bet made. The minimum wager for the FanDuel Online Sportsbook in Kansas bonus code link is just $10. The maximum is $1,000. So you just have to bet within that range.
PointsBet Sportsbook Kansas
Bonus: Up to $2,000
Terms & Conditions: The $2,000 bonus is for new users in Kansas or any state where PointsBet Sportsbook is legal and operating. Users must be at least 21 years old. Additional terms and conditions apply.
What Sports Can You Bet On In Kansas?
The major staples including the NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL are all available in Kansas. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to available sports to bet on. College football and college basketball will also be popular betting options in the Sunflower State.
Mainstream bettors and niche sports bettors alike will both be well-served by BetMGM, DraftKings, Caesars Sportsbook, BetRivers, and FanDuel. Let’s take a look at the available sports by category.
The Kansas sports betting legislation does allow for wagering on professional and collegiate events, including in-state college games.
Here is a list of college sports available for betting:
- Aussie Rules Football
Betting on eSports is not typically available at major sportsbooks. They are offered by unlicensed (and illegal) sportsbooks primarily but we don’t recommend using one of these books for several reasons. Illegal sportsbooks operate by their own rules. There is no regulatory body that oversees their business dealings.
The risk you run here involves not only your money but also the security of your personal information. The digital security systems at illegal sportsbooks are often inferior, putting your money and personal information at risk to cybercriminals and hackers. Always use a licensed and regulated sportsbook to ensure your safety.
Do Kansas Sport Betting Sites Offer Mobile Apps?
Yes. The best Kansas online betting sites offer sports betting apps. BetMGM, DraftKings, Caesars Sportsbook, and FanDuel are in an elite class when it comes to sports betting apps. The other sportsbooks referenced above will all deliver a top-flight experience when it comes to mobile sports betting.
How Do I Create An Online Kansas Sportsbook Account?
This is easy. Let’s walk through the required steps for creating a new account at DraftKings.
- The first thing you’ll need to do is download the sports betting app for DraftKings. If you’re an iPhone (iOS) user, this will be done at the App Store. Android users will head to the Google Play Store to download the DraftKings app. In both instances, it’s important to note that you want the sports betting app as opposed to the daily fantasy sports app.
- Next, you need to register a new account. Simply provide personal information including your name, date of birth, Social Security number, email address, and mailing address. DraftKings will send you an email to confirm the information and verify your account.
- The next step is funding your new account. The recommended option for depositing money is using online banking, but there are several other ways to do this. PayPal, wire transfer, and debit/credit cards will also work.
- Be sure to take advantage of the sign-up promotion as a new account holder. DraftKings offers a free $50 bet with a minimum deposit of $5 or a 20% deposit match up to $1,000. Claim the DraftKings Kansas promo here.
- Once your deposit and bonus funds have reached your account, it’s time to place your first bet at DraftKings Sportsbook. On the app, navigate to the league of choice, click the game of interest and select the odds for your wager. Enter a bet amount and confirm the information in your bet slip.
Legal Online Sportsbooks Vs. Illegal Online Sportsbooks In Kansas
It can be tempting to register with an illegal sportsbook. We strongly advise against doing this. Illegal sportsbooks operate in a gray market without any regulatory body overseeing their business affairs. Licensed and legal sportsbooks have to answer to state gaming commissions in states where sports betting has been legalized.
These oversight bodies watch out for the interests of consumers. If a dispute arises, you can file a claim with the state gaming commission. Illegal sportsbooks don’t answer to anyone but themselves. Your money and personal information can be put at risk using illegal sportsbooks, which are known for having less than adequate digital security systems. There’s too much to lose in the long run, so always do business with legal and licensed sportsbooks such as DraftKings, BetMGM, Caesars Sportsbook, and FanDuel.
Kansas Sports Betting Bonuses FAQs
Yes. The sports betting legislation signed by Kansas Governor Laura Kelly went into effect on July 1, 2022. Sportsbooks at Kansas’ four state-owned casinos began accepting wagers on Sept. 1, 2022.
You need to be 21 years of age or older to legally bet on sports in Kansas, now that sports betting is legal and available.
Now that Kansas legalized sports betting, you can bet with companies like DraftKings, BetMGM, FanDuel, and Caesars Sportsbook – all top apps available in the state. These are the best options in the sports betting industry. The four casinos contracted with the state to offer sports wagering through independent platforms starting with its soft launch on Sept. 1, 2022 are Boot Hill Casino & Resort; Ford County near Dodge City; Kansas Star Casino in Mulvane; Hollywood Casino at Kansas Speedway, Kansas City, KS; and Kansas Crossing Casino & Hotel in Pittsburg.
The state’s four casinos can operate retail sportsbooks and partner with up to three online operators each.
Yes. Sign-up promotions are typical in the sports betting industry. They usually come in the form of risk-free bets or matching deposits for new users. Always be sure to read the terms and conditions before choosing your welcome bonus. Kansas sportsbooks that are live and available are offering over $4,000 in bonuses combined.
No. You’ll need to use your own personal funds to make deposits at sportsbooks in Kansas. There are several convenient ways to make deposits and withdrawals. Be sure to check your sportsbook’s website for the available options.
Yes. Kansas sports betting is now live, and we recommend opening multiple accounts. It will allow you to shop around for the best odds on all of your sports bets. You can also take advantage of more than one sign-up promotion. It’s an effective way to boost your bankroll when getting started.
Be sure to read the terms and conditions for any promotion you choose because there’s often a certain timeframe for using bonus money or credits.