Kansas sports betting is live as of last year and includes some of the highest quality sportsbook apps in the country. The Kansas sports betting apps now live include some of the most famous online sportsbooks such as DraftKings Kansas, Caesars Sportsbook Kansas, BetMGM Kansas, and FanDuel Kansas.
Below, you’ll find all the best Kansas sports betting promo codes for bonus bets, bet rebates, and other lucrative deals for new members, plus everything you need to know about this illustrious sports betting market.
Kansas Sports Betting Promo Codes May 2023
Bettors must be at least 21 years old and physically located in the state of Kansas to qualify.
Best Kansas Online Betting Sites – Bonus Breakdown
Some of the top sports betting apps in the US are now available to Kansas bettors. Claim bonus offers below:
- DraftKings Kansas is offering new users a $50 bonus bet in addition to a 20% match up to $1,000. Use our DraftKings Kansas promo link to sign up and claim the offer. Users must opt-in while physically present in Kansas. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER. Additional terms and conditions apply.
- BetMGM Kansas is offering new users up a First Bet Offer Up to $1,000 paid back in Bonus Bets if you don’t win. This is one of the best promotions in the state. Use this exclusive BetMGM Kansas bonus code PLAYSPORTS to claim.
- FanDuel Kansas is offering new users a $1,000 no sweat first bet when they register for an account. Sign up at FanDuel Kansas now to claim the deal.
- Caesars Sportsbook Kansas is offering Kansas bettors up to $1,250 on Caesars. Claim using Caesars Kansas promo code SBBONUSFULL
Kansas City Chiefs Sportsbook Promo Codes
When you’re the most popular team in the state, you’re going to be the most popular promotion. The Chiefs clinched their seventh consecutive division crown when they defeated the Houston Texans 30-24 in overtime on Dec. 18, 2022. Kansas City defeated the Cincinnati Bengals in the AFC Championship game on Jan. 29 before besting the Philadelphia Eagles 38-35 to win Super Bowl 57. Here are the best Kansas City Chiefs sports betting cash bonuses:
|Online Sportsbook||KC Chiefs Promotions (all players)||Promo Code (new players)|
|DraftKings Sportsbook KS||Same game parlay profit boosts||Deposit $5, Get $50 Bonus Bet + 20% deposit match up to $1,000|
|BetMGM KS||NFL bet & get promotions||First Bet Offer up to $1,000 back in Bonus Bets|
|Caesars Sportsbook KS||Bet $100 on the NFL, get a free NFL jersey of your choice||First bet up to $1,250 with promo code: SBBONUSFULL|
Kansas City Royals Sportsbook Promo Codes
Certain sportsbooks specialize in promotions around specific sports and teams. Here are the best options for Kansas City Royals sports betting promo codes:
|Online Sportsbook||KC Royals Promotions (all players)||Promo Code (new players)|
|DraftKings Sportsbook KS||MLB same game parlay profit boosts||Deposit $5, Get $50 Bonus Bet + 20% deposit match up to $1,000|
|FanDuel Sportsbook KS||Combining multiple MLB same game parlays into one wager||No sweat first bet up to $1,000|
Kansas Sports Betting News
- February 12, 2023: The Kansas City Chiefs mounted a second-half comeback to defeat the Philadelphia Eagles 38-35 in Super Bowl 57 in Arizona, earning their second championship in four years. Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes was named Super Bowl MVP.
- January 12, 2023: The Kansas Lottery announced the state’s total sports betting handle for December 2022 was nearly $182 million with $171,184,862 of that handle coming from mobile apps. Since sports betting launched in Kansas in September 2022, total handle is $718,777,213.
- January 4, 2023: The Missouri Independent reported that before the Kansas City Chiefs defeated the Los Angeles Rams on Nov. 27, GeoComply defeated 82,000 attempts by Missourians to access sports gambling sites. The blocked bets before the Chiefs’ game are among 5.7 million blocked attempts by Missourians to log on to gambling sites between Sept. 1 and Dec. 16, according to data GeoComply provided to The Independent.
- December 14, 2022: Kansas retail and online sportsbooks handled nearly $186.4 million in the month of November, down from down the $189.9 million reported for October, according to a report from the Kansas Lottery. The state’s six online sportsbooks handled approximately $177.1 million in bets.
- November 18, 2022: The Kansas Lottery reported a sports betting handle of $190 million for the month of October, the second month of operations. That’s an increase of 18% from September, when sports wagering launched in the state.
- October 10, 2022: Governor Laura Kelly announced that in the month since sports wagering became legal in Kansas, it has generated a total of $1.3 million in revenue, including nearly $130,000 for the State of Kansas.
- September 16, 2022: Sports betting is off to a fast start in the state, the Kansas Lottery reports. From September 1 through September 11, over 2.4 million bets were placed in Kansas and Kansans cashed over $47 million in winnings during this time.
- September 8, 2022: Kansas sports betting officially goes live with a full launch with an unlimited number of casinos.
- September 1, 2022: The soft launch date of Kansas sports betting, where bettors who signed up early or visit the in-person sportsbooks can bet at a limited capacity.
- August 26, 2022: The Kansas Lottery announces that DraftKings, BetMGM, FanDuel, Caesars, PointsBet, and Barstool will all be available to the public when sports betting goes live in the state starting at noon on Sept. 1, 2022.
- August 25, 2022: Butler National Corporation, through its wholly-owned subsidiary that manages Boot Hill Casino & Resort in Dodge City, Kansas, announced an agreement with Golden Nugget Online Gaming, LLC, a subsidiary of DraftKings, Inc. that could bring GNOG’s online interactive sportsbook to Kansas.
- August 12, 2022: The Kansas Racing and Gaming Commission unanimously approved regulations to legalize sports betting in the state, KWCH12 reports.
- July 20, 2022: Kansas Speedway announces the anticipated opening of the Barstool Sportsbook at Hollywood Casino as sports wagering becomes available in the state of Kansas. Hollywood Casino anticipates opening a temporary Barstool Sportsbook under its Turn 2 Sports Bar and Restaurant at the Speedway in September which will provide a place for fans to wager on NASCAR and all the other sports that will be in action during race weekend.
- July 1, 2022: The sports betting legislation signed into law by Kansas Governor Laura Kelly in May goes into effect.
- May 16, 2022: Boot Hill Casino & Resort in Dodge City announces its has entered into agreements with sports betting providers DraftKings and Bally’s Corporation. In addition to online sports betting through DraftKings and Bally’s, Boot Hill Casino anticipates an on-site sports book to accept wagers as soon as this fall.
- May 12, 2022: Kansas Governor Laura Kelly signed sports betting legislation into law effective July 1. Senate Bill 84 also allows state casinos to use digital platforms and create sportsbooks and allows venues such as restaurants and nonprofit fraternal or veterans organizations to hold sports wagering.
Current Status of Kansas Sports Betting Online & In-Person
Both retail and online sports betting are legal and live in the state of Kansas. Kansas sports betting launched on September 1, 2022, just in time NFL season. Governor Laura Kelly signed the legislation into law on May 12, 2022, effective July 1.
Bettors in the Sunflower State now have several top-notch sports betting apps to choose from after betting apps launched in Kansas. And with neighboring Missouri and Oklahoma both failing to make progress with legalizing sports betting this year, it could spell good news for the Kansas tax coffers, as segments of neighboring populations will surely cross state lines to take advantage of both online and in-person wagering.
Since launching, sports gambling in Kansas has topped $718 million, according to the Kansas Lottery, with the state’s six online sportsbooks taking in approximately $171 million in bets in the month of December 2022 alone. DraftKings was the top sportsbook operator in Kansas for December with a handle of $65.4 million.
Best Kansas Online Betting Sites for 2023
All online sportsbooks in Kansas offer competitive odds on the Kansas City Chiefs and Royals. In fact, one sportsbook may have the best odds one day and a different one could have the best odds the next. Here are the top Kansas online sportsbooks now available to Kansas bettors.
1. DraftKings Kansas
- Best overall app
- iOS, Android, and web browser
- Superior live betting platform
- States available in: AZ, CO, CT, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MA, MD, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TN, VA, WV & WY
Visit DraftKings Sportsbook Kansas to claim up to $1,250
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
DraftKings Sportsbook is among the best options for sports bettors throughout North America. The speed and reliability of its sports betting app deliver a first-rate experience for live betting. DraftKings is offering a $50 bonus bet plus 20% up to $1,000 to users who register for a new account in Kansas.
DraftKings offers new users the $50 bonus bet with a minimum $5 deposit. Claim the bonus bet and the 20% deposit match up to $1,000 using our DraftKings Kansas promo code link. Terms and conditions apply.
2. BetMGM Kansas
- Best for new bettors
- iOS, Android, and web browser
- Super competitive odds
- Available in: AZ, CO, DC, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MA, MD, MI, MS, NJ, OH, NV, NY, PA, TN, VA, WV & WY - Note: Offer not available in DC, MS, NV or NY
Visit BetMGM Kansas to claim a First Bet Offer up to $1,000 paid back in Bonus Bets
BetMGM Kansas has a stellar 4.8 rating at the App Store after more than 86,000 customer reviews. Its sports betting app gives users access to highly competitive odds on a wide variety of sports. BetMGM also has one of the best customer loyalty programs in the industry in M Life Rewards. You’ll also find several convenient options to make deposits and withdrawals at BetMGM.
3. FanDuel Sportsbook Kansas
- Best for iOS and Android
- Also available for web browser
- Great for sports betting and DFS
- Available in: AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TN, VA, WV & WY
Visit FanDuel Sportsbook Kansas to claim a $1,000 no sweat first bet
FanDuel made its name by becoming a leader in daily fantasy sports (DFS). It has since done the same in the sports betting space. FanDuel offers separate apps for sports betting and DFS. New users who register for a FanDuel Sportsbook account can claim a $1,000 no sweat first bet on their first wager. You’ll discover a generous selection of betting markets and deposit/withdrawal options at FanDuel.
4. Caesars Sportsbook Kansas
- Best for advanced bettors
- iOS, Android, and web browser
- Several ongoing promotions
- Available in: AZ, CO, IN, IA, IL, KS, LA, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TN, VA & WV
Visit Caesars Sportsbook Kansas to claim $1,250 on Caesars with promo code SBBONUSFULL
Caesars Sportsbook has a competitive bonus offer for new users. The first bet up to $1,250 + 1000 Tier Credits + 1000 Reward Credits®. Beyond the sign-up bonus, Caesars Sportsbook distinguishes itself with a bevy of ongoing promotions through its Caesars Rewards customer loyalty program.
Which Sportsbooks are Available in Kansas?
The Kansas Lottery announced the sportsbook operators with Kansas casinos partnerships that are operational now that sports betting had its soft launch on Sept. 1, 2022. They include:
- DraftKings Kansas (Boot Hill Casino and Resort)
- BetMGM Kansas (Kansas Crossing Casino)
- FanDuel Kansas (Kansas Star Casino)
- Caesars Sportsbook Kansas (Kansas Crossing Casino)
- PointsBet Kansas (Kansas Crossing Casino)
- Barstool Sportsbook is owned by Penn National Gaming and operates the Hollywood Casino at Kansas Speedway.
What Other Legal Sportsbooks Could Be Coming To Kansas?
There is a chance that KS sports betting will also have Unibet joining PointsBet and other operators in the Sunflower State at some point in the future.
Unibet is a great option for international sports bettors. Unibet’s sports betting app is easy to navigate. In addition to competitive odds, new users can also look forward to a welcome bonus after opening their account at Unibet. Its bonus offer varies from state to state
Barstool Sportsbook is owned by Penn National Gaming, which operates the Hollywood Casino at Kansas Speedway. Hollywood Casino anticipates opening a temporary Barstool Sportsbook under its Turn 2 Sports Bar and Restaurant in September. Long term, Hollywood Casino plans a permanent Barstool Sportsbook next year that will include a full restaurant, field house games and outdoor accessibility to the giant patio that overlooks Kansas Speedway.
Kansas Sportsbook Promo Codes Available for KS Sports Betting
As you’ve seen so far, sportsbooks offer different types of sign-up bonuses. They come in the following forms:
- Bet rebates
- Matching deposits
- No sweat first bet
Let’s examine the bonus for each sportsbook in the markets where they are legal as well as the terms and conditions that apply in each case.
DraftKings Sportsbook Kansas
Bonus: Claim a $50 bonus bet with minimum $5 deposit and 20% deposit match up to $1,000 at DraftKings Kansas. Claim with DraftKings Kansas promo code here.
Terms & Conditions: $1 bonus credit for every $25 wagered. All qualifying bets must be made at odds of -300 or longer. $5 minimum deposit. Must deposit $5,000 to receive the maximum $1,000 bonus.
Bonus: Up to $1,000 paid back in Bonus Bets
Terms & Conditions: Claim a First Bet Offer up to $1,000 paid back in Bonus Bets if you don’t win at BetMGM Kansas. Additional terms and conditions apply.
FanDuel Sportsbook Kansas
Bonus: $1,000 no sweat first bet
Terms & Conditions: New users in Kansas who register for a FanDuel Sportsbook account can claim a no sweat first bet up to $1,000. You must be at least 21 years old and physically located in the state of Kansas. However, you do not need to be a resident of the state. The no sweat first bet covers wagers up to $1,000 and applies to your first single bet made. The minimum wager for the FanDuel Online Sportsbook in Kansas bonus code link is just $10. The maximum is $1,000. So you just have to bet within that range.
Caesars Sportsbook Kansas
Bonus: Up to $1,250 in a first bet + 1000 Tier Credits + 1000 Reward Credits®. Claim with Caesars Sportsbook Kansas bonus code: SBBONUSFULL
Terms & Conditions: Caesars Sportsbook Kansas offers new players insurance on their first bet. So if your first bet loses, you will receive that money back in the form of site credits of the same amount. The cap on the insurance offered is $1,250.
What Sports Can You Bet On In Kansas?
The major staples including the NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL are all available in Kansas. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to available sports to bet on. College football and college basketball will also be popular betting options in the Sunflower State.
Mainstream bettors and niche sports bettors alike will both be well-served by BetMGM, DraftKings, Caesars Sportsbook, BetRivers, and FanDuel. Let’s take a look at the available sports by category.
The Kansas sports betting legislation does allow for wagering on professional and collegiate events, including in-state college games.
Here is a list of college sports available for betting:
- Aussie Rules Football
Betting on eSports is not typically available at major sportsbooks. They are offered by unlicensed (and illegal) sportsbooks primarily but we don’t recommend using one of these books for several reasons. Illegal sportsbooks operate by their own rules. There is no regulatory body that oversees their business dealings.
The risk you run here involves not only your money but also the security of your personal information. The digital security systems at illegal sportsbooks are often inferior, putting your money and personal information at risk to cybercriminals and hackers. Always use a licensed and regulated sportsbook to ensure your safety.
Do Kansas Sport Betting Sites Offer Mobile Apps?
Yes. The best Kansas online betting sites offer sports betting apps. BetMGM, DraftKings, Caesars Sportsbook, and FanDuel are in an elite class when it comes to sports betting apps. The other sportsbooks referenced above will all deliver a top-flight experience when it comes to mobile sports betting.
How Do I Create An Online Kansas Sportsbook Account?
This is easy. Let’s walk through the required steps for creating a new account at DraftKings.
- The first thing you’ll need to do is download the sports betting app for DraftKings. If you’re an iPhone (iOS) user, this will be done at the App Store. Android users will head to the Google Play Store to download the DraftKings app. In both instances, it’s important to note that you want the sports betting app as opposed to the daily fantasy sports app.
- Next, you need to register a new account. Simply provide personal information including your name, date of birth, Social Security number, email address, and mailing address. DraftKings will send you an email to confirm the information and verify your account.
- The next step is funding your new account. The recommended option for depositing money is using online banking, but there are several other ways to do this. PayPal, wire transfer, and debit/credit cards will also work.
- Be sure to take advantage of the sign-up promotion as a new account holder. DraftKings offers a $50 bonus bet with a minimum deposit of $5 or a 20% deposit match up to $1,000. Claim the DraftKings Kansas promo here.
- Once your deposit and bonus funds have reached your account, it’s time to place your first bet at DraftKings Sportsbook. On the app, navigate to the league of choice, click the game of interest and select the odds for your wager. Enter a bet amount and confirm the information in your bet slip.
Legal Online Sportsbooks Vs. Illegal Online Sportsbooks In Kansas
It can be tempting to register with an illegal sportsbook. We strongly advise against doing this. Illegal sportsbooks operate in a gray market without any regulatory body overseeing their business affairs. Licensed and legal sportsbooks have to answer to state gaming commissions in states where sports betting has been legalized.
These oversight bodies watch out for the interests of consumers. If a dispute arises, you can file a claim with the state gaming commission. Illegal sportsbooks don’t answer to anyone but themselves. Your money and personal information can be put at risk using illegal sportsbooks, which are known for having less than adequate digital security systems. There’s too much to lose in the long run, so always do business with legal and licensed sportsbooks such as DraftKings, BetMGM, Caesars Sportsbook, and FanDuel.
Kansas Sports Betting Bonuses FAQs
Yes. The sports betting legislation signed by Kansas Governor Laura Kelly went into effect on July 1, 2022. Sportsbooks at Kansas’ four state-owned casinos began accepting wagers on Sept. 1, 2022.
You need to be 21 years of age or older to legally bet on sports in Kansas, now that sports betting is legal and available.
Now that Kansas legalized sports betting, you can bet with companies like DraftKings, Caesars Sportsbook, BetMGM, and FanDuel – all top apps available in the state. These are the best options in the sports betting industry. The four casinos contracted with the state to offer sports wagering through independent platforms are Boot Hill Casino & Resort, Ford County near Dodge City; Kansas Star Casino in Mulvane; Hollywood Casino at Kansas Speedway, Kansas City, KS; and Kansas Crossing Casino & Hotel in Pittsburg.
The maximum is 12. The state’s four casinos can operate retail sportsbooks and partner with up to three online operators each.
Yes. Sign-up promotions are typical in the sports betting industry. They usually come in the form of loss back bonus bets or matching deposits for new users. Always be sure to read the terms and conditions before choosing your welcome bonus. Kansas sportsbooks that are live are offering over $4,000 in bonuses combined.
No. You’ll need to use your own personal funds to make deposits at sportsbooks in Kansas. There are several convenient ways to make deposits and withdrawals. Be sure to check your sportsbook’s website for the available options.
Yes. Kansas sports betting is now live, and we recommend opening multiple accounts. It will allow you to shop around for the best odds on all of your sports bets. You can also take advantage of more than one sign-up promotion. It’s an effective way to boost your bankroll when getting started.
Be sure to read the terms and conditions for any promotion you choose because there’s often a certain timeframe for using bonus money or credits.