Because online casinos are not currently legal in the state, Maryland online casinos don’t currently exist. That being said, Maryland is among the most likely states to legalize online casinos in 2024.
In the meantime, Maryland online casino players can play slots and table games for cash prizes at sweepstakes casinos, which are legal and legitimate options. Use the links below to claim.
Maryland Online Casino Bonus Codes December 2023
of Gold Coins for $10
Practice Responsible Gaming. Gambling problem? Call or text 1-800-GAMBLER or visit the National Problem Gambling Helpline website for more resources.
What Real Money Online Casinos Can We Expect in Maryland?
Although there haven’t been any announcements yet, we can predict which real-money online casinos will launch and their bonus offers in Maryland based on other states:
Online Casino Expected Bonus Code Expected Launch Date
BetMGM Casino $25 Freeplay + 100% deposit match up to $1,000 TBD
Caesars Casino 100% deposit match up to $2,000 + 25 reward spins TBD
BetRivers Casino 100% deposit match up to $500 TBD
DraftKings Casino $35 casino credits + 100% deposit match up to $250 TBD
FanDuel Casino Get up to $1,000 Back if you’re down after your first day TBD
These predictions can be made by looking at the online sportsbooks that are currently available in Maryland, online casinos that are legal in neighboring states (primarily Pennsylvania online casinos), and retail casino brands in Maryland that have launched online casinos in other states. For example, we know for sure that MGM National Harbor Hotel & Casino will launch BetMGM Casino Maryland.
Read more: Best Online Casinos for US Players
Maryland Online Casinos – Most Anticipated Sites & Apps
$25 No Deposit Bonus + 100% Deposit-Match Up To $1,000
Current States: MI, NJ, PA & WV
Maryland Retail Partner: MGM National Harbor Hotel & Casino
BetMGM Casino Maryland
See BetMGM Review
BetMGM has already launched BetMGM Sportsbook Maryland, so we anticipate that they will launch their casino platform as well once legalized. They also operate MGM National Harbor Hotel & Casino, the most prominent online casino in the D.C. area, so launching an online version is a natural fit. This gives Maryland players the chance at a great opportunity if legalization does pass, as the well-established M Life Rewards and MGM Rewards programs are available for use and earning both online and at their land-based locations. So, for players who live near MGM National Harbor and visit frequently, this would be an excellent option for their online casino gambling.
In terms of a welcome offer, BetMGM Casino in PA currently offers $25 Freeplay® in addition to a 100% match up to $1,000 on deposit. We expect this to be similar, if not the same, in Maryland. For existing players, BetMGM is known to offer great ongoing promotions, including a weekly Bet & Get bonus which allows players to earn bonus funds by wagering a certain amount on a specific featured game.
$10 No Deposit Bonus + 200% deposit match up to $200
Current States: MI, NJ, PA & WV
Retail Partner: Horseshoe Casino Baltimore
Caesars Casino Maryland
See Caesars Casino Review
Caesars has already brought its online sportsbook to Maryland, and Horseshoe Casino Baltimore is owned by Caesars. For these reasons, an expansion into Maryland would make perfect sense. They have an existing platform there, as well as easy access to further licensing through their own property if necessary.
In PA, Caesars Casino currently offers $10 Bonus Play, plus a 200% deposit match up to $200. It would be surprising if Maryland online casino players didn’t have access to the same deal. If legalized, Maryland players will also have access to the renowned Caesars Rewards program, which is available both online and at land-based locations. This includes the Horseshoe Casino Baltimore.
100% deposit match up to $250
Available States: MI, NJ, PA & WV
Retail Partner: Pending
BetRivers Casino Maryland
See BetRivers Casino Review
BetRivers is another sportsbook currently available in Maryland, so although they don’t have a land-based Rivers Casino location in the state, an expansion would seem to be likely if and when online casino legalization passes.
To give you an idea of their typical welcome offer, new Pennsylvania players at BetRivers Casino can receive a 100% deposit match up to $250 in Bonus Money. This offer amount does vary by state, so we can’t be certain what it would total in Maryland. That being said, it will most likely remain the same format as a deposit match, which gives new players a nice opportunity to bolster their bankroll from the start. BetRivers also offers promotions for existing players and a solid iRush Rewards program.
100% Deposit-Match Up To $250 (15x playthrough) OR 100% Deposit-Match Up To $100 - $100 (1x playthrough).
Available States: MI, NJ, PA & WV
Land-Based Partner: Hollywood Casino Perryville
DraftKings Casino Maryland
See DraftKings Casino Review
A name that needs no introduction, DraftKings has already solidified its sports operations in the state of Maryland. DraftKings partnered with Penn National Gaming in Ohio and Pennsylvania to bring online gambling in those states. And given the fact that Penn National acquired Hollywood Casino Perryville, that’s a natural fit for a DraftKings Casino Maryland launch.
In neighboring Pennsylvania, the DraftKings Casino welcome offer gives new players the choice between a 100% deposit match up to $250 (15x playthrough) or a 100% deposit match up to $100 – $100 (1x playthrough). We usually recommend the smaller offer with the 1x playthrough as its more likely to clear into withdrawable cash, but if you’re a more experienced player or a high-roller, you do have an excellent opportunity to have a chance to win big with the first offer.
Get up to $1,000 Back if you’re down after your First Day
Available States: MI, NJ, PA & WV
Land-Based Partner: Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland
FanDuel Casino Maryland
See FanDuel Casino Review
Last but not least, FanDuel is another big name that has already established itself in Maryland. Through a licensing partnership with Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland, located in Hanover, FanDuel introduced its top-tier sportsbook platform to the state in November 2022. Many players enjoy the platform because, in states where both are legal, FanDuel has done well with creating a hybrid online casino/sportsbook app. Their app, in our review, is intuitive, easy-to-use, and provides a massive amount of variety throughout.
At FanDuel, new players in PA can claim a $1,000 play-it-again bonus, to give you an idea of what you may expect in Maryland upon launch. As for existing players, they can take advantage of a wide range of promotions including the ongoing Reward Machine, which provides an opportunity to win up to $2,000 every day.
Expected Maryland Online Casino Bonuses
Now that we’ve discussed our predictions on casino launch bonuses should online casino gambling be legalized in Maryland, let’s take a look at what you can expect from online casino bonuses in the state in a broader sense. Luckily for online players, bonuses don’t end after the welcome bonus. Every online casino features a plethora of bonuses for existing players as well, and these may include:
- No Deposit Bonuses: These are most commonly offered to new players, but can sometimes be gifted to existing players with no deposit requirement to claim them. Essentially, you’ll receive bonus funds or another reward without having to deposit at all.
- Deposit Match Bonuses: Often called reload bonuses when offered to existing players, these bonuses do exactly what it sounds like. Take advantage of a deposit match bonus to have your next deposit (or deposits) matched up to a certain percentage and monetary cap. For example, you may be able to claim a 100% deposit match up to $100.
- Bet & Get Bonuses: These bonuses can range from simple to overly complicated depending on the tasks you must complete to claim them. Essentially, you’ll need to place a certain wager on certain games at a certain time to receive bonus funds or other rewards.
- Rebates: Also sometimes referred to as “playback”, these bonuses will refund some or all of your losses up to a certain amount in bonus funds. Keep in mind that these are never risk-free as bonus funds will require a certain amount of playthrough to convert them to withdrawable cash.
- Leaderboards: A nice bonus option for competitive players, these involve wagering or winning the most to climb a leaderboard. Once closed, the top certain number of players will receive a reward.
- Prize Drawings: Often some of the most tempting bonuses, prize drawings will offer you entries into a drawing for anything from bonus funds to luxury goods and vacations. Players must complete certain tasks to earn their entries (depositing, wagering, etc.).
- Reward Points Boosts: While not the most common bonuses, you will see online casinos offer 2x or more multipliers to the reward points you earn while playing. Those reward points can then be turned in for bonus funds or other various rewards and benefits.
How Can Maryland Online Casinos Be Legalized?
The state of Maryland has a constitutional prohibition on new forms of gambling. Because of this, an online casino bill would not immediately legalize online casinos. For an online casino bill to pass, it requires voter approval. That means that any bill introduced would have to be placed on the ballot, meaning that the soonest possible vote could take place in the 2024 general election. Pending this passage, any video lottery operator within the state would be eligible to obtain an internet gaming license. This includes the below:
- Horseshoe Casino Baltimore
- Ocean Downs Casino
- Live! Hotel & Casino Baltimore
- Hollywood Casino Perryville
- Rocky Gap Casino Resort
- MGM National Harbor
History of Maryland Online Casinos
With no legal real-money Maryland online casinos, the current history is quite slim. However, we’ve put a brief timeline below for your reference to see what has happened thus far.
- March 2023: Maryland’s online casino bill, SB267, misses the Maryland legislature crossover deadline. While the bill isn’t technically dead, this essentially eliminates the possibility of Maryland online casinos in 2023.
- Jan. 25, 2023: Bill SB267 is introduced by senators Ronald Watson and Nancy King, aiming to put legal online casinos on the voting ballot.
- 2012: A casino referendum is passed, allowing the state’s land-based casinos to operate table games in addition to their existing slot machines.
- 2010: Maryland’s first land-based casino, Hollywood Casino Perryville, opens.
- 2008: Slot machines are officially made legal in the state of Maryland, allowing land-based gambling.
Deposit & Withdrawal Options at Maryland Online Casinos
While we can’t say for sure what deposit and withdrawal options will be available if and when Maryland online casinos are legalized, we can make strong predictions based on the cashier options available in other legal states. Make sure to become acquainted with your options below so that you can hop right into the action once Maryland online casinos are legalized.
Payment Method Deposit/Withdraw Avg. Withdrawal Time Typical Deposit/Withdrawal Minimum
PayPal Y/Y 2 Days $20/$10
ACH/eCheck Y/Y 2 Business Days $20/$20
Wire Transfer Y/Y 5-7 Days $50/$500
Prepaid Card Y/Y Instant $10/$10
Online Bank Transfer Y/N N/A $10
Credit/Debit Card Y/N N/A $20
PayNearMe Y/N N/A $10
Cash at Casino Cage Y/Y Instant $10/$10
Casino Games Available at MD Online Casinos
Based on games that can be found in states with legal online casinos such as neighboring Pennsylvania, we expect that players will be able to enjoy the below once MD online casinos launch.
- Slots: Real money online slots are one of the most popular options found at online casinos around the country (and the world). Due to their exciting gameplay paired with tons of different themes and feature options, they appeal to a wide range of players from beginners to experts.
- Table Games: Casino table game options include classics such as blackjack, roulette, baccarat, and more. These can all be found at online casinos, along with a wide range of variations of each that can’t be found at land-based casinos.
- Live Dealer Games: Live dealer games allow players to have a land-based casino experience from home. These games feature live-streamed table games, card games, and even some game-show-style options. They feature real dealers and often have a chatroom for players to interact.
Other Maryland Online Gambling Options
While Maryland online casinos are not currently legal, players can still participate in online gambling in different forms:
Responsible Gambling in Maryland
Responsible gaming is an important part of playing at online casinos (or betting online at all). Online casinos will always offer various tools to help you play responsibly, including the ability to set time, wagering, and deposit limits, and even take “cool-off” periods or self-exclude yourself entirely.
Due to Maryland’s already established online sports betting, horse racing, and lottery industries, there are great resources available for those who feel they may need them, even beyond what the online casinos themselves offer. This includes The Maryland Center of Excellence on Problem Gambling, which offers calling or texting through 1-800-GAMBLER or a live chat online. Also included is The Maryland Alliance for Responsible Gambling, which offers counseling and a voluntary exclusion program.
Always remember to bet within your limits and keep your play comfortable. Never wager more than you’re willing to lose.
Maryland Online Casino FAQ
Yes. Sports betting, daily fantasy sports, and horse racing are legal in Maryland as long as you are within the state limits and the legal gambling age. Online casinos are currently not legal in the state.
Now. Maryland players can currently gamble online via horse racing, daily fantasy sports, and sports betting. While an online casino bill has been introduced, there has been no timeline set for legalization.
No. Playing online casinos in Maryland is currently prohibited via constitutional prohibition. However, Bill SB267 aims to put legal online casinos on the ballot.
Yes. You can currently gamble on your phone using online sports betting apps in the state of Maryland including DraftKings, Caesars, and more.
Yes. BetMGM is currently a legal sports betting option in the state of Maryland, and they offer apps for both iOS and Android devices.
It depends. While a bill can put online casinos on the voting ballot in the state, the final passage rests on the decision of the voters themselves. There is currently no timeline for this vote.