Return to player (RTP) is the average payback percentage of a casino game. But what is a good RTP for slots? It’s a game that players generally accept as having poor odds but incredibly high win potential. But many don’t realize you can find plenty of online slots with good RTP. Here’s a breakdown – and some of the top games.
Good RTP for Slots
A good RTP for a slot is 96% or better. Slot machines allow players to wager small amounts for the chance to win huge jackpots, so the odds are generally worse compared to table games. A good RTP for table games is 98% or better, with games like blackjack offering payback as high as 99.8%. You’ll be hard-pressed to find a slot with odds that good, but it’s not impossible to find slots RTP as high as 98%.
Top 7 Slots with Good RTP
If you’re in New Jersey or Michigan, click “Play Now” below to play any of these top slots at Golden Nugget Online Casino. If you’re in a different state, see the next section for the best places to play:
Slot Machine RTP Theme Max Payout Play at Golden Nugget
1. Basketball Star Slot 98.7% Sports-themed 243 ways win slot $120,000 Play Now
2. Blood Suckers 98% Horror-themed 5-reel vampire slot $250,000 Play Now
3. Big Spinner Slot 97.1% Classic 3-reel slot $500,000 Play Now
4. Ambassador Slot 97% Classic 4-reel slot $135,000 Play Now
5. Action Dragons 96.57% Asian-themed 5-reel dragon slot $30,000 Play Now
6. First Down Slot 96.5% Sports-themed 5-reel football/NFL slot $250,000 Play Now
7. 88 Fortunes 96% Asian-themed 5-reel jackpot slot $200,000 Play Now
You can play at legal real-money online casinos in Pennsylvania as well as:
Players in almost all US states can win cash prizes playing slots at social casinos.
Best Online Casinos for Slots Players
If you’re looking to win cash prizes on slots with good RTP, try these top choices:
- BetMGM Casino (PA & WV): Players in PA or West Virginia can enjoy the top slots at the #1 online casino in their state, BetMGM Casino. Use this link for a $50 no deposit bonus, plus $20 free bet to the sportsbook and a 100% deposit match bonus up to $2,500.
- Chumba Casino (Almost All US States): The best social casino in the US offers some of the best slots around, including progressive jackpots. Use this link for 2 SC free on signup and 1 SC free every day you log in.
Why Is Slots RTP Important?
Slots RTP is important because it sets expectations. If you’re looking to give yourself the best possible odds of keeping your money, a slot with a good RTP is the way to go. If you’re simply looking to win as much as possible, the slots with the biggest progressive jackpots will do.
Slots RTP represents the average amount a game pays back to the players. If a slot’s RTP is 95%, for example, it pays players 95% of the wagers it receives. However, slots RTP applies to all games happening at any time, so one player may receive 0% of their wagers while another can win 10,000%. RTP simply represents the average.
RTP Vs. Volatility
While RTP shows a game’s average payback percentage, slots volatility represents how often a game pays out. On average, a slot with low volatility pays out more often than a game with high volatility, but the payouts are lower than the payouts on a high volatility slot. Volatility does not affect RTP and vice versa.
For example, let’s say a high volatility slot and a low volatility slot both have an RTP of 96%. If a player played both at $1 per spin, they could expect the following:
- Low Volatility: About half the spins to trigger wins between $0.10 and $5
- High Volatility: Most of the spins to pay out nothing, but big wins of $25 to $50 here and there.
Like with RTP, volatility is just the general setup of the game. The random number generator (RNG) of the game ensures total randomness, meaning any slot can end up paying out big wins infrequently, low wins frequently, or any combination between.