FanDuel is a leading US sports betting and casino site. Its casino games have recently been winning over fans for its big selection, exclusive options, and high win potential. One game in particular, FanDuel Blackjack, has become a player favorite at FanDuel Casino for its great odds and simplicity.
In light of its popularity, we compiled the best FanDuel Blackjack strategies to help you win more. These tips aren’t going to always make you a winner, but they will give you various tips and ways to win more often than the average player.
What Is Fanduel Blackjack?
FanDuel Blackjack is just like any of your other regular blackjack games. Blackjack is one of the most widely played casino games in the world. Instead of playing it with friends or at a casino, you can now play it online at Fanduel Casino.
The setup of FanDuel Blackjack is pretty much the same as one at a brick-and-mortar casino. So, once you learn the tips and strategies, it’s easy to master the game.
How to Play FanDuel Blackjack
Playing FanDuel Blackjack is simple. It requires you to know how to play blackjack (link also includes a blackjack demo), but that’s easy and shouldn’t take you very long.
The basics of the game: have a score closer to 21 than the dealer without going over. The score of a hand is the sum of its cards. Number cards are worth their face value, face cards are worth ten, and an Ace is worth one or 11.
The FanDuel Blackjack setup is simple and goes as follows:
- Place a bet (minimum $0.10, maximum $10,000).
- You’ll be dealt two cards face up.
- The dealer will also be dealt two cards, but their hand will only have one face-up card.
- Choose to hit, stand, double down, split, or surrender. You can use this Blackjack Strategy Guide to decide the best possible hand based on your cards and the dealer’s cards.
- Once you make your moves, the dealer will then reveal their second card and hit or stand accordingly.
- If your hand is closer to 21 than the dealer’s final hand, you win. If the dealer’s hand is closer to 21, they win.
Best Strategies for FanDuel Blackjack
1. Always Double Down on 11
Always double down on your hand when it has a value of 11. There’s a great chance that if you’re showing an 11, one more card could allow you to hit 21, or at the very least get extremely close to it. Also, it’s impossible to go over 21 if you double down on 11, making it a safer bet compared to doubling down on a 12 or more.
Keep in mind, though, that you cannot receive any additional cards after you double down.
Further, if you follow a Blackjack Strategy Chart, you’ll see all sorts of good moments to double down or split. For example, you want to double down when you have a nine or ten in many different situations.
2. Always Split Aces & Eights
Another hard and fast rule is to always split a pair of Aces or eights. For Aces, that gets you the chance to score two blackjacks in one round. Plus, Aces are a good starting card given its value of 1 or 11. For example, if you have an Ace and a five, you have a 6 or 16. If you then draw a face card, you’re not at 26; instead, you’re at 16, giving you another shot at a winning hand.
3. Understand When to Stand
This is a common early mistake for new blackjack players and it definitely makes sense why. When you see that your number isn’t 21, you might think you’re going to get lucky and get the exact number you need to hit 21. Unfortunately, that is hardly ever the case, and understanding when to stand is very important.
In general, it’s all about what the dealer has. For example, if you have a 16 and the dealer is showing a 4, you would stand. But if the dealer is showing a 10, you would hit. Again, this is where the Blackjack Strategy Chart is going to help out a lot.
Here are some hard and fast stand vs. hit rules:
- Always stand with a hand value of 17 and up no matter what the dealer is showing
- Always hit with a hand value of 4 to 8.
4. Hard Hand vs. Soft Hand
Understanding a soft hand and a hard hand is pivotal for your success. If you have an ace in your hand that can be counted as an 11, you have a soft hand. Hard hands are the ones that don’t contain an ace. Hard hands are dangerous and most of the time risky.
5. Practice Responsible Gaming
Always remember to practice Responsible Gaming, which includes only betting what you can afford to lose. Casinos are meant to be fun, but we understand that they can also become addicting at times. The longer you keep playing, the more likely you are to lose.
- Set a budget: Tell yourself you can only afford to lose $250 and once that money is gone, it is time to get off.
- Don’t try to regain your losses: When you’re losing, things can always feel rough. You might even think that just a few games can make you win it all back, but that’s hardly ever the case. Be smart and get off when it’s time.
- Keep track of your money: It’s always best to write down how much you’re spending. Before you know it, a few days of gambling could cause you to lose $1,000s.
6. Play with Bonus Money
You can play online blackjack with free bonus money at several online casinos. While FanDuel Blackjack is only available at FanDuel Casino (and you can claim its bonus at the top of the table below), we’ve also included other sites and apps where you can find the same type of game:
However, be sure to read the terms and conditions before using a bonus code for blackjack. In some cases, blackjack is not an eligible game for deposit-match bonus money.