Not all real money online casinos offer no deposit bonus codes. But the ones that do become some of the most popular sites and apps. The reason is simple: players love playing with the house’s money. What could beat the possibility of hitting it big without risking a dime?
But some US players may not know exactly how to claim real money casino no deposit bonus codes. Here are five quick tips on how this extremely popular promotion works, and how to get the most out of your free bonus money.
1. Know How No Deposit Bonus Codes Work
Real money casino no deposit bonus codes work like this:
- A new user signs up for a free account at an online casino.
- During signup, the new user provides the no deposit bonus code. For example, the Golden Nugget no deposit bonus code is BONUSSPINS for $10 free on signup. Sign up at Golden Nugget to claim.
- The player verifies their account, which may include uploading a picture of their photo ID and confirming an email address or phone number. This is to confirm a player’s identity and prevent fraud.
- The no deposit bonus funds are now available in the new account.
The bonus money can be treated like cash. However, you’ll want to be aware of the offer’s terms and conditions, such as playthrough requirements, which we get into more further down this article.
2. Avoid Unlicensed Gambling Sites – Consider Sweepstakes Casinos Instead
Legally-licensed, real-money online casinos with no deposit bonus codes are only available in four states:
If you live outside of one of those states, we highly recommend not going with an illegal online casino. There’s a few reasons for that, not the least of which is the fact that your personal information isn’t safe at these sites, and they’re notorious for rigging their games and refusing to pay out legitimate winnings.
Thankfully, players in almost all US states can play sweepstakes casino games, available at social casinos like Pulsz Casino, Chumba Casino, and LuckyLand Slots. These sites offer free premium credits, usually called Sweeps Coins (SC), to use on games like slots, blackjack, and roulette. The premium credits that a player wins can be redeemed for cash prizes. See our full sweepstakes casino guide to learn more and claim free SC.
3. Look For Your State’s Real Money Casino No Deposit Bonus Codes
If you’re in a state with real money casinos, make sure to claim the no deposit bonus codes specific to that state. In some cases, a bonus code for one state doesn’t work for another. Plus, you may have access to more no deposit bonus codes than you would have otherwise. For example, no deposit casino bonus codes in New Jersey have access to nearly $200 in free money.
Meanwhile, no deposit PA casino bonus codes have access to $125 in free money.
Either way, that’s a lot of bonus cash up front, but players do get a good amount more in New Jersey.
4. Determine The Playthrough Requirements & Other T&Cs
Every real money casino no deposit bonus code is tied to playthrough requirements and other terms and conditions (T&Cs). Here’s a breakdown of what to look for:
- Playthrough Requirements: How many times the bonus money has to be wagered before you can withdraw associated winnings. Thankfully, most no deposit bonuses have a 1x playthrough requirement, which means you only need to wager the full amount one time, then withdraw whatever is left over.
- Eligible Games: In some cases, only certain games contribute to the playthrough requirements. Slots always contribute 100% to the playthrough, but games like blackjack and video poker may only contribute 20% or even 0%.
- Time Limit: Players usually have to use the no deposit bonus within seven days or so of creating an account.
- Deposit Requirements: In some rare cases, players may need to make a deposit to unlock the option to withdraw winnings. That would mean you would need to make at least the minimum deposit (usually around $10) to withdraw winnings, then wager the $10 deposit, which would only have a 1x playthrough requirement.
Just be sure to read the T&Cs of the no deposit bonus code before taking advantage. Note that in some cases, casinos call playthrough requirements “wagering requirements” or “rollover requirements.” Those are interchangeable terms that all mean the same thing.
5. Consider Claiming More Than One
Players can claim an unlimited number of no deposit bonus codes in all states with legal real money online casinos. For example, claiming all West Virginia no deposit bonus codes means getting $145 in free money without risking a cent. You’d just need to sign up and join each online casino to claim them all.
However, it may be a better idea to save no deposit bonus codes for later and enjoy each online casino for what they offer. Coming from personal experience, it can be a bummer to claim all the no deposit bonus codes, then deposit and play at them knowing you’ve already burned through all the free money. It can be more enjoyable to join an online casino, claim the no deposit bonus, then utilize the deposit-match bonus offer included with the bonus code.
Playing at a single online casino also means earning rewards points, claiming the ongoing promotions for existing members, and other benefits. Then, when you’re tired of the same old thing and looking to change things up, you have multiple no deposit bonus codes waiting for you at bonus.com.