Instant Win Gaming (IWG) announced the Triple Eagle Bonus game launch on Aug. 1. Triple Eagle Bonus allows lottery players to choose their bonus. While the top prize of $100,000 is no match for the current $1.25 billion Mega Millions jackpot, instant games are often the most popular lottery games in each state. That’s why state lotteries ensure they have new retail and iLottery instant games yearly.
IWG made the product announcement yesterday, and Triple Eagle Bonus is listed today as No. 1 in the “hottest games” category on the New Hampshire Lottery‘s iLottery Games page. In that state, 25.9% of sales came from iLottery players during the fiscal year ending on June 30, 2022.
However, today, the IWG game has already been usurped as the “newest eInstant game” by a product from NeoGames called Wheel of Bonuses.
That’s no insult to IWG: The New Hampshire Lottery introduced 109 retail and iLottery instant games during the fiscal year ending on June 30, 2022.
Why Have New eInstant Games?
IWG’s game isn’t the newest one for the New Hampshire Lottery because “instant scratch games contributed 58.5% to total revenue” that fiscal year. So the lottery needs to keep players interested.
The New Hampshire Lottery Commission (NHLC) said in its 2022 report:
There is, as always, ongoing research and development to enhance current games or replace them with new games in order to increase sales. Consumers want and demand newer, technologically advanced forms of gambling.
For perspective, multi-state lottery games like Mega Millions and Powerball provided 11.1% of lottery revenue that year.
That’s a scenario that plays out in other states.
Instant games are popular:
- The Michigan Lottery‘s primary source of revenue is scratch-off tickets, so it introduced 47 new games in the year beginning on Sept. 30, 2022.
- The New York Lottery‘s scratch-off games accounted for $4.5 billion of its $10.4 billion in lottery sales for the year ending on March 31, 2022.
Unlike Michigan and New Hampshire, New York doesn’t offer its residents an iLottery.
IWG Spotlight: Triple Eagle Bonus
IWG’s Triple Eagle Bonus game features three bonus rounds: Eagle Match, Rising Riches, and Aerial Expander. Each has a different play style, winning frequency, and prize structure.
The game that’s now available online at the New Hampshire Lottery will soon come to more states and jurisdictions, including:
Ticket prices at the New Hampshire Lottery vary from $0.10 to $20. The top prize is 5,000x the ticket, up to $100,000.
Jason Lisiecki, a vice president with IWG North America, said:
The ability to choose from three different bonus rounds, each with a distinct personality, adds a new dimension to the category and brings greater entertainment. We’re expecting strong results and look forward to building additional games with this feature set.
The company says the game will also allow IWG to get a deeper insight into players’ preferences and use the knowledge for other games.
Triple Eagle Bonus Features
Before they start playing, players select the desired bonus. Landing three scatters, which are with the bonus’ name, triggers the round. The three bonuses are:
- Eagle Match Bonus: Players pick from a grid of 15 cards with cash value. They win a prize when they match three cards with the same value.
- Rising Riches: Players spin a wheel and climb on a prize meter. Each time players land “advance,” they move one space along the meter. The game ends when they land either “collect” or the top prize.
- Aerial Expander: Players start with a 2×2 “flip again” tiles grid. Tiles are then automatically flipped and reveal different symbols. Some symbols include “flip again,” multiplier, arrows, which increase the grid, and more. The game ends when there are no “flip again” tiles.
The Eagle Match has the lowest volatility and triggers more often. Meanwhile, the Aerial Expander triggers the least often but carries higher potential winnings.
But the bonus rounds are not the only way to win. During the base game, players win by landing at least three of the same symbols that share a sider. The winning combo then disappears, and if other winning combinations appear, they are added to the total win.
Additionally, players can randomly land large 2×2 or 3×3 symbols. They count as four or nine symbols, creating the chance for a bigger winning combination. Furthermore, random multiplier symbols ranging from 2x to 25x can increase the winnings. If players land more than one multiplier symbol, their value adds.