Arizona sports betting is in full swing and with Arizona sports betting comes bonus offers from some of the top names in the industry, making it a great time to be a sports fan in the state.
Best Arizona Sports Betting Bonus Offers 2023
- DraftKings Arizona: Best for long-term sports bettors due to $50 Free Bet + 20% deposit match up to $1,000 with 5x playthrough
- Caesars Arizona: Best for a first bet on Caesars up to $1,250 back + awesome Rewards Program – Use code SBBONUSFULL
- BetMGM Arizona: Best for a $1,000 risk-free bet to be refunded as multiple free bets
- BetRivers Arizona: Best for a 100% match bonus up to $500 – Use code BONUSPLAY
- Betfred Arizona: Best for $111 in free bets after an initial wager of $50 + get up to *$1000 in Free Bets – Use code BONUSSB
- FanDuel Arizona: Claim $3,000 no sweat first bet
Arizona Sports Betting Promos February 2023
Many of the top sportsbooks are offering Arizona sports betting bonuses, both for new bettors signing up for the first time as well as for NFL kickoff. This includes some NFL bet boosts and parlays. With up to 20 apps expected within the first few weeks, here are some of our favorites for awesome AZ sportsbook promos:
- In Arizona, DraftKings launched both its DFS and sportsbook app
- Available to download as an Android app, Apple iOS app, and via desktop
- Has an impressive platform for mobile sports betting
Not only does DraftKings offer its match bonus of 20% (up to $1,000), but it also offers new users a $50 free bet with a $5 deposit. This gives those new to sports betting the chance to test it out. DraftKings partnered with the PGA to open a retail sportsbook at TPC Scottsdale in 2023.
- Caesars has a strong app and one of the best rewards programs in the industry.
- Available as an Apple iOS app, Android app, and via desktop
- Offers highly competitive odds
For those sports bettors looking to bet big and also win big, Caesars is the sportsbook to choose. Caesars is one of the best sportsbooks out there when it comes to competitive odds, especially for Arizona teams. It also offers sports betting for all domestic professional and college teams, along with international competitions.
Users who sign up with Caesars Online Arizona can use promo code SBBONUSFULL to get their first bet on Caesars up to $1,250 back. New users also receive 1000 Tier Credits and 1000 Reward Credits®. Additional T&Cs apply.
The new Caesars Arizona app is supported by Caesars’ Liberty technology and goes hand in hand with the Caesars Rewards program. Win or lose, you will receive points toward your Caesars Rewards accounts when placing bets.
Caesars has partnered with the Arizona Diamondbacks to open a retail sportsbook outside of Chase Field. Betting windows are currently available at the Chase Field Plaza located at 401 E Jefferson St, Phoenix, AZ 85004. The windows are open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. and on Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. to midnight.
- BetMGM is the best for Vegas bettors because of its rewards program, but also offers a strong app.
- Available as an Apple iOS app, Android app, and via desktop
- Strong partnerships with sports leagues and name brands
Claim $1,000 risk-free bet bonus offer with our exclusive link at BetMGM – Use promo code PLAYSPORTS
BetMGM offers some of the best weekly promotions in the industry. There are no odds restrictions and single bets are included in this promotion. It’s also backed by the MGM name, so you can bet with confidence. BetMGM also has one of the most reliable and easy-to-use apps in Arizona. For new bettors, register and deposit with BetMGM Arizona to claim up to $1,000 in risk-free bets.
A retail sportsbook is now open inside the Gila River Hotels and Casinos – Vee Quiva. The Gila Rivers Hotels and Casinos – Lone Butte and the Gila Rivers Hotels and Casinos – Wild Horse Pass will open their retail sportsbooks soon. The BetMGM sportsbook inside State Farm Stadium is open as of September 2022.
- Best for an accessible bonus offer for casual bettors due to the 100% deposit match up to $500 with 1x playthrough requirements
- Availability: iOS app, Android app, web browser. Apps are state-specific.
- Our favorite sports betting bonus offer in the US.
BetRivers is making great strides in the US sports betting industry. It’s often one of the first apps to launch in new states, and Arizona is no different. In Arizona, BetRivers partnered with the Arizona Rattlers, an indoor football league team.
From Rush Street Interactive and the folks behind the Sugarhouse brand in New Jersey, BetRivers Arizona is a great option for more casual bettors. This is because the sportsbook bonus offer is so accessible. BetRivers offers a 100% deposit match bonus offer up to $500, within only a 1x playthrough making it easy to claim the full value of the bonus offer.
- Betfred offers a retail sportsbook inside We-Ko-Pa Casino Resort in Scottsdale, AZ
- Available as an Apple iOS app, Android app, and via desktop
- Underrated sportsbook with a solid selection of sports and competitive odds
Betfred Sportsbook is an up-and-comer online sports betting app, which means it hasn’t built up a world-renowned reputation like some of its competitors. But it also means tons of ongoing promotions for both new signups and existing members. Sign up at Betfred Arizona to get $111 in free bets after a $50 bet.*Plus bet 50% Back on Weekly Losses up to $200 for 5 weeks.
- FanDuel Arizona launched both its sportsbook app and DFS app (went live on August 28) in Arizona.
- FanDuel consistently offers one of the top apps in the industry. It’s player-friendly and offers fair odds in comparison to competitors.
- The sportsbook app is available on Apple iOS and Android phones as well as via desktop or mobile browsers
FanDuel gives sports bettors the chance to bet on every professional sport including college sports through the use of its app or at one of its retail sportsbooks. The Phoenix Suns partnered with FanDuel to open a retail sportsbook at Footprint Center, home of the Phoenix Suns. The FanDuel retail sportsbook location is now open at 201 E Jefferson St, Phoenix, AZ 85004. The retail sportsbook is open Monday through Friday from 9 am to 11 pm and on Saturday and Sunday from 8 am to midnight.
Full List Of Legal Online Sportsbooks In Arizona
We anticipate at least 20 mobile apps in the state, most of which received license approval just before launch from the Arizona Department of Gaming. These are the AZ sports betting apps that are available or will be available:
- Golden Nugget
- Bally Bet
- Fubo Sportsbook
- SuperBook Sports
What Sports Can You Bet On In Arizona?
In Arizona, sports bettors can make wagers on all major sports competitions. One thing that makes Arizona special is that they are home to a professional NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, and WNBA team. The sports market is huge in the state because of these home teams.
In addition to betting on the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, and WNBA, sports bettors in Arizona can also bet on collegiate sports, NASCAR, and the PGA. Betting on international sports such as European soccer and Australian football is also an option.
With the NFL, NBA, NHL, college football, PGA, and NASCAR all going on right now, bettors in Arizona have many choices when it comes to current sports to wager on.
Betting On US Pro Sports In Arizona
As we mentioned, Arizona is home to sports teams for every professional league; The Arizona Diamondbacks, The Phoenix Suns, The Arizona Cardinals, The Arizona Coyotes, and The Phoenix Mercury.
In Arizona, these sports franchises can partner with a sportsbook to offer legal sports betting through apps and retail sportsbooks.
The Phoenix Suns made a deal with FanDuel and opened a retail sportsbook inside the Footprint Center. The Arizona Diamondbacks and Caesars partnered to offer a sportsbooks bar right next to Chase Field. TPC Scottsdale and the PGA partnered with DraftKings to open a sportsbook on the 19th hole.
The Arizona Cardinals partnered with BetMGM and a retail sportsbook should be open in time for the Super Bowl in Arizona in 2023, putting the state on the map once again for a top sports destination.
NASCAR partnered with Barstool Sportsbook to open a retail sportsbook at Phoenix Raceway and Bally Bet partnered with the WNBA’s Phoenix Mercury.
College Sports Betting In Arizona
College sports are also big in Arizona, thanks to the Arizona State University Sun Devils and the University of Arizona Wildcats.
It is no surprise that college football is one of the most popular sports to wager on, but other college sports to bet on include baseball, basketball, and golf. In fact, Arizona will be home to the Final Four in a couple of years, putting the state on the radar for college sports betting.
Again, there is one limitation when it comes to betting on college sports in Arizona, no prop bets are allowed.
What International Sports Can You Bet On In Arizona?
As we still wait for the official rules and regulations to be released, right now we know that there aren’t many restrictions when it comes to sports betting in Arizona. International sports on the professional level are fair game in Arizona. However, some international contests are more popular than others.
US bettors usually make wagers on the following international sports leagues:
- FIFA World Cup
- UEFA Champions League
- The English Premier League
- Australian Rules Football
- Japan’s NPB (baseball)
What Types of Bets Are Allowed In Arizona?
For the most part, all types of sports bets are allowed and accessible in the state of Arizona. The one exception to this is prop bets on collegiate sports, which are currently not permitted. Other than that, bettors in AZ can place any of the below wagers:
- Straight Bet/Moneyline
- Totals (Over/Under)
- Points Spread
- Prop Bets (with the exception of college sports)
What Do I Need To Do To Create An Online Sports Account In Arizona?
Creating an online account for a sportsbook app in Arizona is simple.
First, find the sportsbook (or two) that you want to place your bet with. Download the app to your phone and register an account by providing the following information:
- Legal name and mailing address
- Email address and phone number
- Last four digits of your SSN (this is to confirm your identity and verify you are 21 years old or older)
Then, you can create a username and password. Of course, you want your password to be strong. Now, you can log in and start depositing funds to place bets!
Actual bets will need to be placed within Arizona state lines. Sportsbook apps use GPS technology to verify that sports bettors are in the state when placing bets. However, you are able to sign up for a sportsbook app anywhere.
Legal Online Sportsbook Versus Illegal Sportsbooks In Arizona
With sports betting becoming legal in Arizona, there is no need to take the risk of using dangerous illegal sportsbooks.
When you do use illegal sportsbooks, you take the chance of:
- Not getting paid winnings.
- The selling of all your personal and financial information to third-party companies, putting you in greater danger of identity theft.
- Betting on rigged games with unfair odds.
Sports betting with legal online sportsbooks in Arizona give sports bettors peace of mind because of legal sportsbooks:
- Are regulated by the Arizona Department of Gaming, so you will always get paid for your winnings.
- Have privacy policies in place to keep your information protected and secure.
- Offer competitive promotions and bonuses along with straightforward terms and conditions.
- Offer fair and reasonable odds.
Thanks to legal sportsbooks creating partnerships with local tribal casinos and sports franchises, sports bettors will not be tempted to place wagers with illegal sportsbooks in Arizona.
History of Arizona Sports Betting
After a tumultuous journey through the Arizona legislature, sports betting is officially legal in AZ. We’ve put together a quick timeline of events below to help you understand how it got to where it is today.
- 2019: Two bills to legalize sports betting are introduced in AZ by Senator Sonny Borrelli and Representative Steve Pierce. However, this particular legislation does not include online wagering, which perhaps became the death blow as neither bill moved forward.
- 2020: The bills are reintroduced, and again struggled to find momentum.
- 2021: The seemingly distant promise of legal online sports betting finally begins to build momentum. Governor Doug Ducey negotiates new gambling compacts with Arizona state tribes. This paves a clear path to online sports betting. In April of 2021, Governor Ducey signs the bill into law.
- September 9, 2021: Sportsbooks officially launch, and immediately pull in a resounding $1.75 billion in wagers in their first four operating months.
- 2022: More sportsbooks continue to launch in the state, including Hard Rock as the 18th in the market.
Arizona Online Sportsbook FAQs
21-years-old. Sports bettors will need to provide identification and proof of age when placing bets in Arizona at retail sportsbooks and through sportsbook apps.
Yes. DraftKings Arizona launched in partnership with TPC Scottsdale, where they will also open a retail sportsbook. In Arizona, DraftKings is offering a 20% deposit match bonus up to $1,000.
Yes. FanDuel partnered with the Phoenix Suns. FanDuel offers betting on its mobile app, through a desktop or mobile browser as well as at a retail sportsbook location at the Footprint Center. New bettors can claim a no sweat first bet up to $1,000 at FanDuel Arizona.
No. Sportsbooks in Arizona only accept bets with cash, electronic funds transfer, debit cards, personal checks, or winnings.
Yes. Those in Arizona can place bets on college sports, including in-state teams like ASU and University of Arizona. However, prop bets on college sports are not allowed in Arizona.
No. Sports bettors can register through legal sportsbook apps in Arizona. When placing a bet, you must be within Arizona state lines and not located on tribal lands. However, you can register anywhere.