Since last year’s Super Bowl, even more states have legalized online sports betting. So more people than ever are wondering how to bet on Super Bowl 2023. Records are expected to break, and we have everything you need to get in on the action – and avoid breaking the bank.
The current odds on Super Bowl 2023 have the Eagles as the favorite, with moneyline odds around -125 across the major US sportsbooks. That’s a far cry from the +4000 odds the Eagles had at the start of the season. Anyone who saw this coming and placed a bet is looking at a big payday potential, but never count out the KC Chiefs and Patrick Mahomes. As their victory over the Bengals proved, they could win it all despite Mahomes’ iffy ankle.
5 Quick Steps on How to Bet on Super Bowl 2023
We go into more detail on each step on how to bet on the Super Bowl below. But if you just want to join the best online sportsbook and get right to betting, follow these steps:
- Claim the DraftKings Sportsbook promo code using this exclusive link to claim a $50 Free Bet with $5+ deposit, plus a 20% deposit-match up to $1,000.
- Make a deposit using online bank transfer or PayPal, the two best options because both are instant, reliable, and available for cashout.
- Place your $50 free bet on any market, including the NFL, then receive $1 in bonus money for every $25 wagered, per the 20% deposit-match deal.
- Click, “NFL,” on the left side of the screen, where you’ll find every type of Super Bowl bet imaginable, including Super Bowl specials like any QB to have a receiving touchdown (+4000), either team to have a walk-off field goal (+750), and any non-QB to have 1+ passing touchdown (+2200).
- Cash out your winnings using online bank transfer or PayPal, whichever you used to deposit. Cashing out at DraftKings is quick and easy, and approval usually takes a few minutes to 24 hours at the most.
Super Bowl Betting Online in 22 Regulated States
Online sports betting is available in 20 states and D.C., including New York, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and, most recently, Maryland and Ohio. If you’re in a state with legal real-money online sports betting, scroll a bit further to see the “5 Steps to Bet on Super Bowl 2023” for a fast and easy guide to placing your wagers.
If you’re not in a state with online sports betting, don’t go to a bookie or, potentially worse, join an illegal website. These online sportsbooks are offshore sites with terrible reputations. But you do have a completely legal option when it comes to how to bet on Super Bowl 2023: the Fliff promo code.
📱 KY Sportsbook 💰 Promotion 📝 Promo Code
🎁 DraftKings Kentucky: Deposit $5, Get a $50 bonus bet + a 20% Deposit Match up to $1,000 Link Coming Soon
🎁 BetMGM Kentucky: Up to $1,000 Paid Back in Bonus Bets (Not valid in DC, MA, MS, NY) PLAYSPORTS
🎁 Caesars Kentucky: Get up to $1,250 on Caesars + 1,000 Tier Credits + 1,000 Reward Credits SBBONUSFULL
🎁 BetRivers Kentucky: Get a Second Chance Bet up to $500 (up to $100 in NY) BONUSPLAY
🎁 FanDuel Kentucky: Sign up for a No Sweat First Bet up to $2,500 Link Coming Soon
🎁 PointsBet Kentucky: 5 Second Chance Bet Credits up to $250 Link Coming Soon
🎁 WynnBET Kentucky: Bet $100, Get $100 Bet Credits ($50 on sportsbook and $50 on casino) Link Coming Soon
🎁 Bet365 Kentucky: Bet $1, get $200 in bonus bets Link Coming Soon
🎁 BallyBet Kentucky: Get your stake back in bonus bets if your first bet loses, up to $250. Link Coming Soon
How Rest of US Can Bet on Super Bowl 2023
The rest of the US can bet on the Super Bowl via Fliff Sports Picks. This social sportsbook gives players free Fliff Cash up front, plus $5 Fliff Cash free every week. When you make picks using Fliff Cash and win, you can redeem the winnings for an equivalent cash prize. It also offers Fliff Coins picks, where you can make picks to earn experience points (XP), which can be redeemed for free Fliff Cash.
Sign up with the Fliff promo code for up to 600,000 Fliff Coins and $100 Fliff Cash on purchase.
Different Types of Super Bowl Bets
There is more than one way to place a bet on the Super Bowl and given the popularity of the biggest betting event of any given year. Here are all the different ways you can get involved in Super Bowl betting:
These odds are used in straight-up betting, where the goal is to correctly predict the winner of a game or event. For example, the moneyline odds for the KC Chiefs is +105, while the odds on the Philadelphia Eagles is -125. A winning bet of $100 on the Chiefs would win $105 for a net payout of $205. A winning $125 bet on the Eagles would win $100 for a net payout of $225.
Don’t worry, you can simply type in your bet amount and see the win potential before submitting the wager directly on the sportsbook app.
Point spread betting is where a team is given a handicap to overcome. Think of the minus (-) points as the favorite’s starting score and the plus (+) points as the underdog’s starting score. If the points spread on the Eagles remains at -1.5, they would need to win by at least 2 points for the points spread bet to pay. Meanwhile, the Chiefs would need to win or lose by 1 point or fewer for its points spread to pay.
These odds are used in betting on the total number of points scored in a game, and bettors can wager on the over or the under. As of this writing, the total points on the Super Bowl is set at 50, so bettors can wager the over (51 or more total points) or the under (0-49 points). If the total points match the sportsbook’s number, it’s a push, meaning your wager gets refunded.
Prop bets, or proposition bets, are a type of wager that allows players to bet on specific outcomes within a game that are not directly tied to the final score. They are often game-specific, such as:
- Will the first touchdown be scored by a running back or a wide receiver?
- Will Patrick Mahomes throw for more or less than 275 yards?
- Will the total number of yards gained by the Eagles be over or under 200?
More Detailed Steps on How to Bet on Super Bowl 2023
1. Claim Sportsbook Promo Code
The DraftKings Sportsbook promo code is, in our opinion, the best deal in online sports betting. However, bettors have several options when it comes to deals in the US, and the best are available in the table above.
If you’re not in one of the states that legalized online sports betting, join Fliff Sports to make picks for cash prizes.
2. Deposit Funds
To make a deposit at an online sportsbook, follow these steps:
- Sign up for an account or log in if you’re already registered via the website or mobile app.
- Click the “Deposit” option in the top right corner (pretty universal across all sportsbooks).
- Choose your preferred deposit method, which includes online bank transfer, PayPal, Play+ card, debit card, ACH/e-check, or at a participating casino cage, such as del Lago Resort & Casino in Waterloo, NY.
- Select the amount you want to deposit. Keep in mind that your first deposit applies to any deposit-match offer, so make it count, but practice Responsible Gambling.
- Your deposit will be instantly available for placing any combination of bets (minimum $0.10 per wager).
3. Take Advantage of the Signup Promo
Online sportsbook promotions have terms and conditions, including time limits. If you receive free bets, those usually expire within seven days. You’ll also want to make sure the bets fall within the minimum odds. At most online sportsbooks, the minimum odds fall between -300 and -250. That means a bet with -310 or -400 odds would not qualify, but a bet with -200, -110, or plus-money odds would.
4. Bet on the Super Bowl
Bettors have several options when it comes to betting on the Super Bowl. And once you have money in a sportsbook, how to bet on Super Bowl 2023 is truly up to you.
Before the Conference winners are determined, bettors are limited to the futures market, where they can bet on what team they think will win. The odds on Super Bowl 2023 change regularly, so it can be profitable to choose to bet at the right time. And even though the teams are now decided, the odds can change dramatically leading up to kickoff.
In fact, the odds opened with the Chiefs as the slight favorites over the Eagles. But, since then, enough bettors in Vegas and across the country have bet on Eagles, flipping the odds. Who knows what might happen in the meantime?
Keep in mind too that betting on the winner is just the tip of the iceberg. Bettors can place a huge same-game parlay with +20,000 odds without actually choosing which team wins. This is actually quite common. One of the most successful parlay strategies is combining safe player props and nothing else.
5. Cash Out Your Winnings
Once the dust has settled, you can cash out your winnings or leave them in your account to continue betting. Sportsbooks also allow you to cash out a specified amount to leave some in your account to continue betting.
The best cashout options are online bank transfer and PayPal; however, you usually have to deposit with PayPal to use it as a withdrawal method. Don’t ask me why.
How to Bet on Super Bowl at More Than One Sportsbook
Shopping for the best odds is an effective way to ensure you’re getting the highest win potential. The total number of quality online sportsbooks varies by state, but almost all legal states offer several different options. To bet on the Super Bowl at more than one sportsbook, here are some tips:
- Check a new sportsbook’s odds before joining. Either download the app and see the lines without making an account, or go to the sportsbook’s website. If they’re offering better odds on a Super Bowl bet, use its promo code to join. You can also use our Super Bowl odds comparison that includes several major sports betting apps.
- Join multiple sportsbooks with enticing promo offers to set yourself up to shop for odds. While a competing sportsbook won’t beat your preferred sportsbook every time, there’s a high likelihood that it will every once in a while. And that can make a big difference in the long run.
- Look beyond the odds at things like points spread. If you’re betting on the NFL and see -110 odds on a 6.5-point spread at one sportsbook while another has the same odds but a 7.5-point spread, that can make a big difference in your chance of success.
- Don’t assume parlays will add up to the same odds. Even a sportsbook that offers slightly better odds on events you’re parlaying still may have lower overall odds when it comes to combination wager. Sportsbooks let you build out parlays on their site and apps before making an account so you can check before logging in or joining.
Here are the best sportsbook promos available to US bettors to give you access to all the best deals and make odds shopping a breeze.