Live dealer games are one of the newest innovations in US online casinos. It’s an immersive experience, with real-life dealers live-streamed to online players for blackjack, roulette, baccarat, and more. But our readers have been asking whether live dealer games are legit. The short answer is yes, live dealer games are as legit as playing any retail casino game. The longer answer includes everything you need to know about playing at live dealer casinos.
Are Live Dealer Games Safe to Play?
Yes, live dealer games are legit, but only if the online casino you play with is legal and regulated. You should never bet at an illegal online casino as your device, identity, and money will all be at risk.
Every legal online casino in the US has to pass through a rigorous set of rules to get licensed in their state. Part of the inspection that they go through makes sure that the games are not rigged. If any of these legal online casinos were to rig their games, they would lose their license to operate.
Right now, one gaming company, Evolution, provides all live dealer games across every US online casino. From the custom-built Evolution studios, games like Live Roulette, Live Blackjack, and Live Baccarat are all streamed live to all online casinos. Even Ezugi Live Dealer games, found at some NJ online casinos, are owned by Evolution.
How To Get Live Dealer Bonus Codes
It’s always smart to get more for your money when playing live dealer games (or any online casino game for that matter). Here are some live dealer bonus codes for March 2023:
|Online Casino||Live Dealer Promotion||Details|
|Caesars Casino||Mystery Mission February 2022||On February 9, earn 100 Tier Credits on live dealer games and receive an additional $10 bonus. On February 16 earn 50 Tier Credits on any games and receive an additional $5 Bonus.|
|BetMGM Casino||Live Dealer Bet & Get||On select days, wager $30 or more on live dealer games to receive $10 in credit to keep playing.|
|FanDuel Casino||Tuesday Risk-Free Live Dealer Games||Every Tuesday, you can get up to $20 back on net losses when you wager $200 or more.|
|Unibet Casino||Table Games Race||Win a $2K top prize by playing live dealer games and table games. All players in the Top 20 each week get a prize as well, up to $2K.|
What Are Live Dealer Games At Online Casinos?
While live dealer games are still played online, the table is operated by real-life dealer, live-streamed from a casino studio. These games blend the excitement of a real casino experience with the convenience of being able to play from anywhere. There are real casino tables and the studio is custom-designed for the specific game. You can find a live dealer version of just about any table game you’d play in a casino.
Here are some of the types of live dealer games available online:
- Live American Roulette
- Live European Roulette
- Live Baccarat
- Live Casino Poker (3-card, 5-card, and Hold’em)
- Live Sic Bo
- Live Dragon Tiger
- Live Craps
- Live Let it Ride
Other players can join throughout the game, and sit at the virtual “table” with you. Just in case you are wondering, can a dealer see you in a live casino? The answer is no. You can send messages through a live chat feature, but all they will see is your username and messages, as can the other players at the table.
Pros And Cons Of Live Dealer Games
Live dealer technology is still a fresh concept in US online casinos, so there are different things to look for compared to digital games. You should be aware of these games’ major upsides and downsides before you begin playing. Here’s the breakdown so you can decide for yourself if live dealer games are for you:
- Feels like a real casino experience. The thrill of playing against a real dealer is the top reason most gamblers choose this type of game. It’s the best way to experience being at a casino without actually traveling to a land-based casino.
- Players can interact with the dealer. Some games have live chat so you can ask questions or chat with the dealer. They will usually greet you by name. As long as you are respectful of the dealer, it’s just like sitting down at a table at a real casino.
- More convenient than land-based casinos. No matter what time of day you want to play, a live dealer casino will be online depending on the game. However, some of the less popular games, such as baccarat or casino poker, have more limited hours. But you can always find a game of blackjack or roulette.
- Limited number of seats. The number one biggest con of live dealer play is availability. During peak hours, players may have to wait for a seat to become available to play with a real-life dealer, just like at a retail casino. However, “Infinite Blackjack” and “Auto-Roulette” allow an unlimited number of players, so you can always play those options 24/7.
- High minimum bets. Live casinos cost more to operate so the lowest bet you can make is a bit higher than regular online casino games, like slots, for example. This can be intimidating for beginner players. The minimum for blackjack is usually $30, but you can still find $1 American roulette.
- Other players make games move slowly. Often the players take their time to make moves. There is a limit on how long they can take, but it can still be annoying when it happens a lot, especially compared to playing digital blackjack or roulette.
How To Win At Live Dealer Games Online
It’s very possible to play and win real money with live dealer games. All you need is the right strategy and the following tips:
- Pick reputable casinos. Illegal casinos are already risky. The last thing you want to do is risk your money on high bets that live dealer games require with a casino that will rip you off. Make sure the casino is licensed and read online reviews before joining.
- Practice Responsible Gaming. Set weekly or monthly limits, never bet more than you can afford to lose, and follow all the best practices of Responsible Gaming.
- Choose games you know already. If you’ve never player a live dealer game, go with one you already know, like blackjack or roulette. But if you want to try a new live dealer game online, stick to the lowest minimum bet until you build up confidence and experience.
- Always look for a promo or bonus. Casinos want you to sign up and play, so they offer no-deposit bonuses, deposit match bonuses, free bets, and more to get you to register. Look for generous bonus code offers to maximize your deposit.
Some online casino bonus codes may not apply to live dealer games. You can still use the free credits on other games. When you play through on another game and win bonus money, you can put it toward your pot for the live dealer games. For example, most PA no deposit casino bonus codes only apply to digital games.
Live Dealer Games Near You
New live dealer games are launching all the time, like PointsBet in Michigan and the new game Lightning Roulette in New Jersey. Even if your favorite online casino doesn’t offer live dealer games now, it might in the future. Look at the up-to-date list of the best online casinos to find a live dealer game near you.