PointsBet and NBC Sports have announced a five-year partnership. The landmark deal makes PointsBet the official sports betting partner of the NBC Sports brand. The partnership will see NBC Sports provide PointsBet with marketing and media opportunities.
Sam Swanell, Managing Director and Group CEO of PointsBet, said: “PointsBet Managing Director and Group CEO Sam Swanell said: “NBC Sports, an iconic brand and holder of the largest sports audience in the U.S., brings significant credibility and trust to PointsBet’s operations. Through the NBC Sports partnership, PointsBet gains access to market-leading linear assets which span 184 million viewers and digital assets which span 60 million monthly active users…NBCUniversal’s decision to take an equity stake in PointsBet illustrates the alignment of our strategies, the trust across teams, and our shared belief that the U.S. gaming market is a once in a lifetime opportunity.”
The companies also shared full terms of the deal in addition to the announcement press release.
The PointsBet and NBC Sports partnership will span multiple entertainment channels.
- NBC Sports will include PointsBet in gameday integrations on NBC Sports’ networks, which deliver exclusive regional match-ups and over 2,000 live sporting events.
- PointsBet content will be integrated with the NBC Sports Predictor app.
- PointsBet odds will appear in Rotoworld. Rotoworld offers fantasy and betting tools in addition to analysis of various sporting leagues, including the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, and more.
- Golfnow, a tee-time marketplace, and Golfpass, a digital golf service featuring instructional videos and other content, will both integrate PointsBet content.
- PointsBet’s Spanish-language functionality will reach sports enthusiasts via NBC’s Telemundo networks.
- PointsBet will become the exclusive provider of odds for NBC Sports and the Golf Channel. This also includes the Peacock streaming service and NBC Sports Podcasts.
“We are excited to begin this partnership with PointsBet, which will deliver unmatched sports betting engagement opportunities across multiple platforms,” said David Preschlack, President, NBC Sports Regional Networks, and Executive Vice President, Content Strategy, NBC Sports Group. “For NBCUniversal and PointsBet, this agreement provides considerable opportunities in the fast-growing sports betting marketplace, which is unique to this extensive and robust, multi-year arrangement. Looking ahead, we’re also excited about the significant activation opportunities that will come to fruition as sports betting continues to proliferate across the US”
PointsBet In The US
PointsBet’s partnership with NBC Sports is the latest in a string of moves by the Australian operator to garner market share in the US.
So far, PointsBet is live with sports betting in Indiana, New Jersey, and Iowa. New Jersey sports bettor can find the best NJ sportsbook promos right here. Meanwhile, the company is also planning to launch sportsbooks in Illinois and Colorado, two fast-growing sportsbook markets.